Peep sight for muzzy

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK,
that is the Williams threaded. I thought you were talking about an adjustable aperature that didn't require taking the peep out. thanks

Robby, just for reference, Merit does make an adjustable aperture that you can dial the diameter of the aperture "on the fly". Left twist opens for more light, right twist closes for more precision. There are (were) a few other companies that produced similar designs but their names escape me at the moment. These are typically used on the graduated or creedmore style tangs though. So I'm not sure if you could adapt one to fit on a Williams style fixed mounting system or not.

http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html

Last edited:
fair chase explained it better. I like"on the fly". Key is to loctite it in so you dont unscrew the whole peep when adjusting out.

sabotloader that's a great looking setup I need to get my butt in gear and get my rifle squared away for the upcoming season
Tim

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered another FP for my .50 cal LK-93, these are lightweight 22" bbl. rifles. I have the same peep sight set up as sabotloader on my .50 and .54 MK-85s
I should get my Elk tag this year for Muzzleloader and planning a spike camp for 3-4 days "go in Light...come out heavy" that's the plan anyway. I can't wait to find out.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
stevenm2
are you hunting Colorado? Did you get your tag? Hope so! I want to see your set up on here. What does your gun tip the scales at?

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
I am hunting Oregon. We have to wait a bit longer because it is Oregon. We should get ML Elk tags as we did not last year. Now we are going in with points so we should get the tag.
My.50 LK is 6Lbs 2 oz with the boat paddle and 6lbs 6 oz with the thumbhole. I have the same gun in .54 and trade stocks between the two.I will post a pic today with just the iron sights as I am waiting for the FP

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
002.jpg
001.jpg
005.jpg

so the MK-85s are the .50 is a "predator" in Stainless the .54 is the blued with wood stock (this gun has never been fired) and may be for sale.
the two little LK-93s are the thumbhole is on the .50 right now and the boat paddle is on the .54.
I think I am going to hunt this year with the boat paddle stocked .50LK and take the stainless rifle as back up. There is about a pound difference in the two. I want to see how it shoots first. I got the LK thumbhole .54 for 75 bucks and it has some slight pitting and the LK Boat paddle for $109.00 from Williams sight Co.
that gun is in great shape. I am waiting for the FP sight to show up so I can do some shooting and get dialed in. The plan is to shoot .50 cal. 460 Bullshop Conicals and triple 7 with #11 caps. Starting load will be 80 gr and adjust for accuracy. If the LKs shoot as good as everyone says they will they are a poor mans ultra-lite.

I do not know how to have these pictures post a pictures rather than an attachment.

Last edited:

stevenm2

Lil-Rokslider
Robby The sight came in for the LK-93 the .50 with the peep installed and boat paddle stock is 6lbs. 6oz. I think the .54 is slightly lighter due the bigger hole through the middle. Sweet set up and should be perfect for canyon crawling this fall. I will post some pics. after I shoot it.