PEAX Headlamp

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Any one have direct experience with their headlamp? Heard some great things just checking any pros or cons people may have before purchasing.

Thanks

wysongdog

WKR
I bought one last year and loved it so much I got 2 more this year. I’m a red light guy around my mules and it really fits that bill well.

wyosteve

WKR
I bought 2 a few years ago when they first were hyped and before I saw they are just re-branded Sofirn at a higher price. Won't make that mistake again. They work, but in my mind no better than other brands at a lower price point.

I've got one and really like it. Both the white and red lights have 3 dim options and I bought a backup rechargeable battery to keep in the pack just in case. The red is just so much stronger than any other brand out there and even on its dimmest setting its great for visibility. I hiked Borah yesterday starting at 4am and was comparing it to my friends and it wasnt even close.

As others have said, the band on it is worthless and I replaced it with a 10 year old petzl band that actually works.

I've also heard they just rebranded the Sofirn but one of their reps was on here at one point saying they had an electrical engineering on staff through the development but you have to take that with a grain of salt I guess. All that aside, I'm really impressed with it.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Peax and Sofrin. Peax may be a tad brighter. One thing the Peax has is you can set it so the light only comes on if you press the button for 4 seconds. This prevents it from coming on in your pack - which the Sofrin has done on me. The Peax does feel like better quality but they’re similar. I like the button sequence of Peax better too - it’s more like others I have.

Sammymusi

WKR
I’ve run it for a season and it is by far the nicest I’ve used. Battery life is awesome it is brighter than shit with the red led as well

There's a pretty hardcore reddit flashlight page that I have been a part of for 2+ years now, I don't recall ever hearing of this brand. What's got your interest with this particular headlamp ?

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and use the peax for hunting and the sofirn for work. When I go on a hunting trip I throw the sofirn in my kit as my back up that way I have two of everything as battery (sofirns is smaller capacity), bracket, and strap are all interchangeable.

Like others have said the red light on the peax is second to none and the battery has been very impressive. The Sofirn is an amazing value for the price but I think the peax is a little bit better.

Cons are that I've broken the plastic bracket on both headlamps before and as another person stated the peax band isn't the best. I haven't replaced my band but I could see that needing to happen in the future.