Peax Equipment Customer Service

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
Yup, they got me. All the support from guys like Newburg and the like. Valuable lesson. That headlamp is chit compared to others for far less. The whole system trying to go from white to red blows.
Marketing works that’s for damn sure

Marketing works that’s for damn sure
You got that right. It’s tough to find a good red combo (love it for whitetail morning stand walks in) and these do have a great red led but not worth the money or hassle. I still find myself using the 12 year old energizer headlamp! I wanted to believe but it was worth the squeeze.

Dunky

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought their headlamp and the rubber gasket on the cap that covers the charging port failed the first time I opened it and unravelled out the top in long pieces. I took a picture of it and sent it to peax and was told it was normal and the gasket was just there to keep water out ( no kidding ) I then asked if it would do that task if broken and had no reply. I have since bought a sofirn just cause I couldn’t help myself and had to see. Functionally can’t tell a difference other than no lock function, but a quarter turn on the battery compartment fixes that.

Jethro

WKR
You got that right. It’s tough to find a good red combo (love it for whitetail morning stand walks in) and these do have a great red led but not worth the money or hassle. I still find myself using the 12 year old energizer headlamp! I wanted to believe but it was worth the squeeze.
When it is gear specifications you seek, don’t turn to the internet stars. Look closer to home, right here on Rok. The WKRs will always steer you straight. Most times we’ll even tell you when your opinion is wrong. Free of charge.

I see you’re only a lil-rockslider. Don’t worry, with time, comes wisdom.🤣

ljalberta

WKR
I looked at Peax. But I think everything I need can be found between Black Diamond, Petzl and Zebra. The marketing machine works though. There’s no doubt.

I went through all the comments as I have been interested in these for a while. Really sad to hear but this is how companies can create a brand quickly with no game in the actual product. I am currently doing this with two buddies on non-hunting products. It’s really crazy out there. Walk through hobby lobby, Walmart or any store and you can find the products on AliBaba. I won’t be buying PEAX for a while. I would imagine things will be brought in house.

When it is gear specifications you seek, don’t turn to the internet stars. Look closer to home, right here on Rok. The WKRs will always steer you straight. Most times we’ll even tell you when your opinion is wrong. Free of charge.

I see you’re only a lil-rockslider. Don’t worry, with time, comes wisdom.🤣
Haha- I’m going to respond to get a post to keep up with post creep! I’m dying to be a well known rokslider …I make a lot of bad decisions- seek outside I’m lookin at you.

TheHammer

WKR
I too bought the headlamp, not a fan of it. The plastic clip that holds the light broke walking through brush first time using it. I sent them an email, they wanted a picture to warranty it. I told them I put the lamp where it belongs, in the trash.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I just got lucky with the peax headlamp. I recently took the plunge due to the "famous" people using it and so far I have loved it, the bright red light is the biggest selling point for me right now. I finally plugged it in last night but got 26 hours of run time with it on the lowest setting. I'll still keep my petzl mini in the pack as well. outside the weight of it, I haven't found anything about it that I didnt like but i'll repost if something changes with it. I like my bd poles and, kuiu gaiters and seek outside stuff too much to try peax in those categories and after seeing this post.

Horrible experience with Peax.
My 11 month old was sitting down playing with my brand new headlamp and dropped it to the floor (about a 6 inch fall) and my headlamp quit working. Customer service said they won't fix/replace it because it was "thrown". Very pathetic.
Curious if anyone else has had poor customer service with Peax Equipment?

I always try to support hunting companies first, so I bought the duo headlamp. There was a charging issue out of the box so sent it back. There is no phone number only email. They did pay for shipping back. Jeff Dobbs emailed said everything works but did not address the charging light not working. Again, a phone call would have been nice to prevent all the back and forth. I emailed him back asking to make sure charging light works before shipping back to me. This was on Tuesday and it now Saturday. I have sent 4 emails now with no response.

I will give benefit of doubt maybe he's on vacation, but nonetheless is frustrating paying top dollar for a product and not knowing when you will get it back.

Adam
P