Pants with Built-In Belts

Until the day they hopefully bring back the OG Prana Zions, what else is out there with built-in belts? I know of the SG offerings, but some more budget friendly options would be great.

I see First Lite came out with the Trace recently. Price isn’t much better but I am intrigued by the odor treatment (if it works anything like Polygiene).

wnelson14

WKR

Alot of their items are made or similar to Kuiu, these are close to the Kutanas

OP
G

Alot of their items are made or similar to Kuiu, these are close to the Kutanas
Thanks. Lots of great features there.

Not that it is as big of a deal for pants, but is the odor resistance actually effective?

OP
G
Curious if anyone has used the Outdoor Research Ferrosi pants hunting/hiking with a pack? The reviews are pretty consistent on being an excellent warm weather pant. Not sure if the draw string would function well enough to not need a belt though?

Curious if anyone has used the Outdoor Research Ferrosi pants hunting/hiking with a pack? The reviews are pretty consistent on being an excellent warm weather pant. Not sure if the draw string would function well enough to not need a belt though?

I’ve been wearing these lately and they are awesome. I hate belts also. So far the draw string has been working for me but its not as good as the prana system. But the pants are lightweight and definitely higher quality than the pranas that I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd1006

WKR
outdoor vitals pants have one, but they aren’t cut very loose fit and the zipped vents have the cheapest zipper possible. I think the SG pants are the next best option to the OG prana pants. OR, go with suspenders like the FL pants offer that don’t get in the way of a hip belt.

OP
G
I was in Chicago for work and ran by REI. They have a knockoff of the Ferrosi’s but I had already ordered a pair from Moosejaw to try.

When I asked the associate if they had any other built in belt pants besides the Zion’s, she said no but she could show me the most comfortable belt. She showed me the Arcade belt, which I’ve seen mentioned here before. It has a good balance of stretch and strength but is also soft, unlike other stretch nylon belts that are kind of rough to the touch. I’m giving it a try before I invest anymore in pants.

maxmfs

FNG
I have a few pair of Columbia GRT pants which are good backpacking pants to wear under heavy pack hip belts.