Pants comparison (Prana Zion, Kuiu attack, FL guide, Sitka Ascent)

EB guides are great. Especially for $40 on sale. I wear them alot in the summer but not hunting, kinda lightweight.
Attacks are also great pants and super comfy. Love the hip vents. They are kinda hot, I don't wear them till it cools down in Sep.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Used to use an older version of the Sitka Ascents and they were very comfortable, good pocket configuration but it didn't fit me the best.
The Prana Stretch Zions are very comfortable, affordable, durable and dry quick. Mine shrunk considerably and give me an almost hipster look but they are my camp pants now. I never thought that the DWR was very effective but perhaps treating them would help that.
The Attack pants are my favorite pants that I have worn in the woods. I wear them from September through November, weather depending. The hip vents and pant material breaths so well that I can get through the heat of the day or strenuous hikes, they dry quick, super comfortable, heavy enough to get me through cold mornings and evenings, good pocket configuration, they come in a brown color. The only draw back so far is the durability through one season is average- their is some material pilling in the lower leg. However, I did end up picking up another solid color pair to alternate with for this next season. The fit for me is spot on, size 32 and I wear a 32" inseam and 31" waist.

OP
aeasley10

aeasley10

WKR
I just got a pair of the EB Guide Pro pants and am super impressed! I will be buying another pair on their next sale. As far as everyday use, the Prana Zions are my go to pants. They can be found on sale on multiple sites. I hunted in them for 3 days last year and was impressed with the durability and comfort. I also just picked up a pair of FL guides during the sales and cannot wait to hunt in those.

Of those 3, for comfort, looks, and functionality of pockets, which would be your fav?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own and have used the Prana stretch Zion and Kuiu attack pants extensively but not the other pants in question. The stretch Zion pants are hands down my go to pants for just about anything . I just wore them snowshoeing this morning for an hour ( clear skies), operating the snow blower yesterday for 2 hours , at the gym a few days a week (which includes running a few miles and heavy weight lifting ), hiking, even got hired after an interview wearing the stretch zion. Great all around pant in all climates except real cold weather . Fit ( come in different inseams ), price, durability ( for such a light pant) are all TOP NOTCH. The KUIU attack pant is a great pant as well but costs alot more, doesnt come in different lengths and has a more restrictive fit. My Zion pants have also replaced the attack for Aug / Sep archery hunting. My pick : ZION.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
Just to throw a different pant out there for everyday wear, I have been wearing pants from Costco called UB Tech Travel Pants. Less than $20 tall sizes to 36" inseam. Cargo pocket and great stretch with a dwr finish. My wife can't believe how nice they look and they feel like I'm wearing sweats rather than pants. Which she prefers. Lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've have the FL guide, ascents, and kanabs. All have their own purpose. I had the ascents, but had a lot of pulled threads from minor brush in a short amount of time. I would try again, but am happy with my current setup. I have the pranas as will be selling due to fit. To me, they're almost like bell bottoms.

Bell bottoms? The Pranas? You must have gotten a defective pair lol

OP
aeasley10

aeasley10

WKR
Just to throw a different pant out there for everyday wear, I have been wearing pants from Costco called UB Tech Travel Pants. Less than $20 tall sizes to 36" inseam. Cargo pocket and great stretch with a dwr finish. My wife can't believe how nice they look and they feel like I'm wearing sweats rather than pants. Which she prefers. Lol

I don't have a Costco where I live, could u post pics of these?

OP
aeasley10

aeasley10

WKR
Hey I went to Eddie Bauer this wknd so I thought I would give my feedback on the guide pro pants.

First I wore some 1st gen attacks in to compare fit/feel. I am 6'2 200lbs athletic build. I always wear a 32" waist and 32-34" inseam depending on the pant and type of use.

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants look great and have good functional pockets all the way around. They don't have the same stretch feel as attacks or ascents prob due to 2 way vs 4 way stretch. 32" waist was spot on, but the thighs were too tight for comfort for me. The 32" inseam was def too short comparing to other pants. So I went to a 33x34 which was a tad loose in the waist but fit better in thighs, and the 34" inseam was perfect. The color they call saddle is really just khaki tan. Aged brass and slate green are both good hunting colors IMO.

Bottom line is these def look nice and are a little lighter weight, but could def be worn hunting, or everyday wear although I would say aren't as comfortable as the attacks I wore in. Wish I could have compared the Zion too. Below is pic comparison

Attacks
506a621654c0195e48f8fd5bb8c1f77b.jpg
5bd338734e3429e4949800f053d51600.jpg

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro
a58a197abf93d92d49d4deb5e8905cf2.jpg
233b7e98329525c330b40b741f833226.jpg

I love the Costco UB Tech pants. That is all I wear to work now, even on Fridays when we are allowed to wear jeans.

They are super cheap, like you said under $20 a pair. I think I picked a couple pairs up at Costco but have purchased most of them off of eBay as Costco doesn't always have them. Just picked up another new pair in black recently, cost me $15.99 shipped. I've got 7 pair of these now at a total cost of maybe $125 or so.

I have not owned the other pairs in the comparison but I did stop into REI a while back and tries on the Prana Zion and Kuhl Renegade pants and I honestly felt the UB pants were comparable to both.

I just wish they would come out with more colors. Right now it's just khaki, grey and black.

I just picked up some KUIU attack pants in gray and I will say I think they are my favorite casual pants. They have that great 4 way stretch but have a softer feel than any of the other pants mentioned. I'm going to pick up another pair in brown when I find one in my size or KUIU gets them in stock.

tracker12

WKR
I have the Ascent and Attack. They are both nice but for warmer weather it is the Sitka Ascent all day for me. I sweat to much in the attack. I also find the ascent dry faster and repel water better. That being said I do like the Attacks just not my go to pants for early season. Mine are in brown and I do wear them around town and on hikes during fall and winter.