Packers Near North Park CO?

Headed out for first rifle later this week. My group was wondering if there were any packers close to Unit 161?

I know it should be a simple google search but everything I find seems to be hours away. I could start looking at WY too I guess, I assume that would be legal? We aren't far from the border maybe Laramie has something?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:

wytx

WKR
For packing out game or processors?
Have to be licensed and probably not legal for a Wyoming outfitters to pack unless licensed in Colorado as well.

OP
E
@egreen4257

I read your post as asking about meat processors. Was this your intention?

If you meant that you were looking for someone to pack out elk, you will need a licensed outfitter.

Yeah sorry I edited it, I was curious about both but then remembered I passed a couple of processors on the way there and I really wanted to focus more on packing it out. I’m ok with packing it myself but the group wants to look into llamas mules etc. Searching “packers near Walden” hasn’t netted me much luck. I’ve found some places around the state but nothing near Walden. Maybe I’ll search for outfitters in the area now if that’s a commonly provided service. Thank you for helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E
For packing out game or processors?
Have to be licensed and probably not legal for a Wyoming outfitters to pack unless licensed in Colorado as well.

Yes for packing out game, sorry I made it unclear. But that’s good to know I didn’t even know licenses were required for something like that

intunegp

WKR
Yeah sorry I edited it, I was curious about both but then remembered I passed a couple of processors on the way there and I really wanted to focus more on packing it out. I’m ok with packing it myself but the group wants to look into llamas mules etc. Searching “packers near Walden” hasn’t netted me much luck. I’ve found some places around the state but nothing near Walden. Maybe I’ll search for outfitters in the area now if that’s a commonly provided service. Thank you for helping

Probably worth making a call to North Park Meats or any other processors you have in mind in the area...they'll know if there's anyone around that helps pack out animals that end up in their coolers. Walden is a small enough town that people "in the industry" will at least know about each other.

The proprietor of the general store in the nearest town knew who to call when my dad and I were looking for help with a pack out a few years back.

OP
E
Probably worth making a call to North Park Meats or any other processors you have in mind in the area...they'll know if there's anyone around that helps pack out animals that end up in their coolers. Walden is a small enough town that people "in the industry" will at least know about each other.

The proprietor of the general store in the nearest town knew who to call when my dad and I were looking for help with a pack out a few years back.

This is super helpful thanks

cnelk

WKR
You can actually use anyone to pack out an elk. They don’t have to be licensed.
Just cant pay them.

If you pay someone in any way, they will need to be licensed.

Find a camp with horses and see if they will help you out.

OP
E
You can actually use anyone to pack out an elk. They don’t have to be licensed.
Just cant pay them.

If you pay someone in any way, they will need to be licensed.

Find a camp with horses and see if they will help you out.

Good to know, maybe we can “gift” them then

cnelk

WKR
Good to know, maybe we can “gift” them then

Worth a shot.
But again, ANY sort of payment / trade of goods is frowned upon.

Believe me, I got to know this first hand 30 years ago from the FS in North Park. ;)

OP
E
Worth a shot.
But again, ANY sort of payment / trade of goods is frowned upon.

Believe me, I got to know this first hand 30 years ago from the FS in North Park. ;)

Hahaha that’s so lame, I’m sure they have their reasons I guess