Pack To Haul Hang On & Game Bags

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll go against the grain and say the Stryker XL is not ideal for carrying a hang-on stand, unless it’s one with a seat that folds like the M7 or Nested Z8.

I have a Stryker XL and it is a fantastic bag, but not for packing the usual hang on stands.

If a Kifaru frame is what you want, consider a different bag. Buckle the bag over top of the stand, like previously posted pictures of the EXO by @Millwood21. You’ll need to unstrap/loosen one of the bottom webbing connections to route the seat between those straps. Add two horizontal webbing straps to the frame that will run around the stand underneath the pack if you want it really secure.

This is the essentially the same with EXO, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier, Kuiu. I’ve used them all. Popup, just loosen the bottom webbing to slide the seat through and snug it all up.

You’re not limited by frame platform. Find the one that fits you best.

But the Stryker bag isn’t ideal for your requirements.

tbian1

FNG
I’ll go against the grain and say the Stryker XL is not ideal for carrying a hang-on stand, unless it’s one with a seat that folds like the M7 or Nested Z8.

I have a Stryker XL and it is a fantastic bag, but not for packing the usual hang on stands.

If a Kifaru frame is what you want, consider a different bag. Buckle the bag over top of the stand, like previously posted pictures of the EXO by @Millwood21. You’ll need to unstrap/loosen one of the bottom webbing connections to route the seat between those straps. Add two horizontal webbing straps to the frame that will run around the stand underneath the pack if you want it really secure.

This is the essentially the same with EXO, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier, Kuiu. I’ve used them all. Popup, just loosen the bottom webbing to slide the seat through and snug it all up.

You’re not limited by frame platform. Find the one that fits you best.

But the Stryker bag isn’t ideal for your requirements.
I’ve got a styker and would agree placing the stand and sticks (novix helo) inside the load shelf is not as easy as it seems. Can be done but not ideal and it ends up bulky. With that said I actually prefer to just use the compression straps on the frame to cinch the stand to the outside of the pack. The load is further out but it’s pretty compact overall.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a styker and would agree placing the stand and sticks (novix helo) inside the load shelf is not as easy as it seems. Can be done but not ideal and it ends up bulky. With that said I actually prefer to just use the compression straps on the frame to cinch the stand to the outside of the pack. The load is further out but it’s pretty compact overall.

That will definitely work. It makes the stand more accessible, which some will certainly prefer. I do think it increases felt weight a bit due to the torque effect. And it can take up real estate that might be used to pack a bow/rifle. But it has its upside and is a valid option even if not my preference. Good you point it out.