Pack Out Help

Poser

WKR
Whitetail? That’s like saying you got a handy from a tranny so it’s ok the prom queen turned you down.

You’re giving too much credit. That’s like saying you rubbed one out in the Jr high bathroom once so you’re definitely not a virgin

Carr5vols

WKR
Get married on a holiday not around any hunting seasons. I got married on 4th of July. Always off work and doesn't interfere with any seasons, and everyone celebrates your anniversary each year...

Wapiti1

WKR
I already made her agree that we’ll celebrate the honeymoon every summer. Luckily she loves to hunt too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is hope if she hunts. Honestly, I got married on July 22nd. If you guess zero, you have guessed how many anniversaries we have celebrated without someone reminding (usually my mother) us it's our anniversary. 14 years. Seriously, we do fun stuff throughout the year so our anniversary doesn't rank very high.

Then again, my anniversary is in a lame, very hot month NOT near hunting season..........seems like a ploy...........maybe......

Jeremy

OP
MSBowHunter
There is hope if she hunts. Honestly, I got married on July 22nd. If you guess zero, you have guessed how many anniversaries we have celebrated without someone reminding (usually my mother) us it's our anniversary. 14 years. Seriously, we do fun stuff throughout the year so our anniversary doesn't rank very high.

Then again, my anniversary is in a lame, very hot month NOT near hunting season..........seems like a ploy...........maybe......

Jeremy

Believe me, we tried our hardest to get it done before September. She’s knows I love to elk hunt more than anything, and has always planned stuff around hunting season for me. I’ve got my fingers crossed that COVID will get out of hand again and force us to get married at the courthouse in August or something haha!

Wapiti1

WKR
Start a new thread, and take a poll. Elope Now or formal wedding in Sept are your two categories.

Show the results to her, and give the courthouse a call to get hitched. I mean, come on, our opinions have to count at least as much as your future mother in law's.

Once Rokslide speaks, you should obey.

Jeremy

OP
MSBowHunter
Start a new thread, and take a poll. Elope Now or formal wedding in Sept are your two categories.

Show the results to her, and give the courthouse a call to get hitched. I mean, come on, our opinions have to count at least as much as your future mother in law's.

Once Rokslide speaks, you should obey.

Jeremy

Haha I already know how that poll would turn out! I’m glad the Roksliders have my back and best interests in mind! I’ll have a little sit down with the fiancé this evening and report back to everyone!

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love how quickly no one is even talking about the original offer of packing out an elk!

Oprah, Barabara Walters, your wife to be.....Go!

PGWest

Lil-Rokslider
Yea the initial offer was pretty legendary on his part in itself, as is this entire thread now!

Rob5589

WKR
Dude, seriously, just enjoy the honeymoon. As a guy who is on his second marriage, what she says now she likely won't mean in the future. She's so giddy about marriage, a "quick hunt" or pack out is no biggie. 5 years from now after kids and such, probably not so much.

Just know, sacrifices will be made. Either with your time to hunt and/or her taking time with "the girls" while you manage the home front. So again, enjoy your time together, honeymoon, make bad decisions, etc.

Unfortunately, I won't get the chance to elk hunt this fall, but I will be in the Jackson Hole, Wyoming area during mid-October for my honeymoon, and I plan on taking my pack with me. If anyone is going to be hunting in that general area of the state between October 17th-24th and you get an elk down, I'd love to help you pack it out if I can! Feel free to PM me here or email me at [email protected].
i have a feeling your wife knows exactly what she's getting into. finding the right woman sure makes life easier. kudos to you on getting married and your offer. my wife is supporting and understanding too, and she now knows the work that goes into packing game (she's watched me pack out her deer and elk :ROFLMAO: )

she wouldn't have an issue with me helping someone pack a bull on about any day, we reschedule big days all of the time.... i think my line of work has desensitized her from missing days that have significance.... i just stay aware and make sure i make it up when i do have time.... a supportive wife is key to happiness, and key to filling tags on a regular basis