Pack Options for the wife

Luked

WKR
Need some opinions from you all
My wife is wanting to go with me on the next hunting trip.
So I am working on gear lists etc and need some ideas on a pack for her.
Not going to go the Kifaru route, She will be packing some gear but we are going to be tent camping at the truck so don't need something huge but do need something that can carry some weight if we get an animal down.
Was thinking of looking into the REI packs in just a black or something along that line, but was wondering if I would be better off going with something from Exo or Mystery ranch or something along that line.
What kind of opinions can you all give me.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Just went through this, except she opted for a baby blue osprey pack from rei cause it looked nice and she wants it more for the trail. She slid in a quick well your the mule anyhow when i mentioned weight, Ha.

Marble

WKR
If your wife wants a pack and you don't get her involved with picking it out, you are doomed.

You can steer her in a direction, but if it doesn't look nice and fits nice, she'll be disappointed. Not many women can put function in front of form.

My wife uses a 24" frame kifaru with a 44 mag. She really likes it. She chose it after trying on my 26" frame. She likes all of the little pockets they have. You don't need the kifaru bag necessarily, but consider how women like to carry the same stuff we do, plus all the "little extras" like makeup and such.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Just went through this, except she opted for a baby blue osprey pack from rei cause it looked nice and she wants it more for the trail. She slid in a quick well your the mule anyhow when i mentioned weight, Ha.
My wife really enjoys her Osprey pack. She's petite but a beast with a weighted pack on....

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Wife loves her Stryker...besides...if your wife ends up not liking hunting you can get most of your cash back with kifaru .

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

rdb83

FNG
I bought my wife a mystery ranch pop up 38. I like it because it wasn't to expensive and it has a load shelf. I hate having to put meat in my pack.

There are plenty of non hunting packs that will work for her. Osprey, Mystery Ranch, Granite Gear and mountain of others will probably work. If she is only daypacking I’m not sure the benefits of the hunting packs are worth the extra money.

Last edited:

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
If you go to REI they will measure and fit. It helps especially if you are not used to sizing a pack.

I would say a women’s pop up, or better yet a women’s exo

Depends if she is going to be packing meat much what direction I would go. My wife has a pop up 28 and it’s a nice pack for her, but she has some back problems so I won’t let her carry much weight, I’m the meat packer

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
My wife tried on all the different packs at the Hunt Expo, her favorite by far was the Stone Glacier Krux frame, so we ordered her one with the solo bag.

Had it out for a few snowshoe trips and she's loving it so far.

psirus7

WKR
If she’s only day hunting from a base-camp, then a MR Pop-Up 28 or 38 would work great. You can find them on sale for under $200.