Pack Capacity Plus Up

Hey all,

I’m hunting a later tag than usual this year and thinking I may need to haul a second quilt in to layer with my EE. Have any of you come up with a good way to plus up pack capacity for something lightweight yet fairly bulky like this? I have a Terraframe 50 for reference.

Thanks for any leads or suggestions!

j3h8

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

I’m hunting a later tag than usual this year and thinking I may need to haul a second quilt in to layer with my EE. Have any of you come up with a good way to plus up pack capacity for something lightweight yet fairly bulky like this? I have a Terraframe 50 for reference.

Thanks for any leads or suggestions!
Dry bag and strap it to the top or bottom of the pack.

j3h8

Lil-Rokslider
You can also take puffy clothing and warmer layers that you probably would bring anyhow if you have them and use those to supplement your sleep system.

Or if you are able, invest in a warmer bag.

I like to use a decker pack from HPG to put my sleep system in. Its a rectangular pack that fits perfectly between the frame and pack.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
My 50° Apex quilt that I use for layering in cold conditions weighs a mere 12 oz and packs small; small enough that even goes in my daypack when day hunting

50° quilt garners you roughly 20 degrees over your existing bag/quilt

OP
cowboyarcher
My 50° Apex quilt that I use for layering in cold conditions weighs a mere 12 oz and packs small; small enough that even goes in my daypack when day hunting

50° quilt garners you roughly 20 degrees over your existing bag/quilt
That's not a bad idea, especially because they will click together pretty well. Might have to look into this.