Overthinking my 7PRC ELDX for mulies...

Thegman

WKR
How long before you go? I responded to your Kimber thread a few days ago. Had the exact same problem with mine. You could have the Kimber up and running literally overnight. BTDT.

OP
Biggern'yurs

Biggern'yurs

Lil-Rokslider
How long before you go? I responded to your Kimber thread a few days ago. Had the exact same problem with mine. You could have the Kimber up and running literally overnight. BTDT.
Yeah I saw your response and had found your thread before that. That's definitely a route I might have to take but I leave next Tuesday. Not enough time for me to make a repair and then shoot it enough to trust it. A contact you when I get to that point and grab some tips.

Been going back and forth with Kimber and now they want over 1K for a new stock after fitting. I told them that was asinine and completely unacceptable and now apparently a manager is going to call me tomorrow. That should be entertaining.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Either the 7 PRC or 270 will be fine, take what makes your pants tight.

The 7 won't do any more damage then the 6.5 or 270, I'm headed out this year with a 338. Just a little bigger hole.

The weight is not an issue, I get it 2200 feet and 1.5 miles is a lot for most of us but 1.5 pounds is literally 1.5 bottles of water in you pack.

OP
Biggern'yurs

Biggern'yurs

Lil-Rokslider
Are you worried the deer will be too dead? I'd just take the .270 , enjoy the weight savings and let it do what it's been doing for 100 years.
Yeah just afraid of the bullet grenadine and blowing off the off side shoulder if I don't call the wind right!

OP
Biggern'yurs

Biggern'yurs

Lil-Rokslider
Well the hotness was putting 6 shot groups of Fed 175 ELDX in .5 in today. That's my girl. I'll report back!

manitou1

WKR
Generally speaking, a heavier bullet will be less explosive than a lighter bullet of the same make on lighter game. This has been my experience time and again.
Just this week I killed an antelope buck and a coyote with the 175 eldx out of my 280ai going 2923 fps with no excessive damage.
They did go lights out instantly.

OP
Biggern'yurs

Biggern'yurs

Lil-Rokslider
Generally speaking, a heavier bullet will be less explosive than a lighter bullet of the same make on lighter game. This has been my experience time and again.
Just this week I killed an antelope buck and a coyote with the 175 eldx out of my 280ai going 2923 fps with no excessive damage.
They did go lights out instantly.
I love that you can get those speeds with that bullet out of a 280ai. That's nuts. If I reloaded I have a couple rifles that would be getting rebarreled.