Over in the Yukon

Ray

WKR
Through my personal issues with duck hunting and boat building I have become aquainted with a school teacher over in Whitehorse through a small duck boat building forum. Well, its sheep season over there and we still have a couple days here in AK. Mike has posted up two threads about local kids taking rams this year. His son took his first, and one of the tikes they know took his first big game ever. Note the gear these kids are using.

Mike and Mac with Mac's ram

Derek's first ram

Mike's son Mac has been moving towards a career in guiding, and having family friends in the business has him on the right track.

OP
Ray

Ray

WKR
Photos of Mac
View attachment 17896
Best footware for a Yukon sheep hunt.

View attachment 17897
Broomed side

YM_mac_dall_1_2014.jpg
125 pounds and still happy.

ym_Derek_Deuling_dall_1_2014.jpg
Derek Deuling

YM_dueling_dall_2012.jpg
Derek's older brother and Mac's best friend back in 2012 I believe.

Attachments

• YM_mac_dall_2_2014.jpg
    YM_mac_dall_2_2014.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 146
I little over a week ago I got to drink coffee with a Yukon outfitter just north of Dawson who was gearing up for those early August hunts. Some awesome and lonely country they get to hunt over there, and it sounded like it sees very very little resident pressure. Glad to see a few locals putting their privileges to good use. Those kids did very well indeed.

Yk

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Man I need to move up there. Been trying to convince my wife, but she says she just can't do the dark winters. I say it is just the same since I go to, and come home from work in the dark anyways.... Maybe one day before I get too old...

mwhamm

FNG
Is thanksgiving in Canada not in November? That looks warm for a Thanksgiving Day hunt?

OP
Ray

Ray

WKR
Is thanksgiving in Canada not in November? That looks warm for a Thanksgiving Day hunt?

the inter webs says its the second monday in October. Still looks rather blammy for the Yukon.