Outdoorsman adapter vs other options?

So I have my swaro ELs with the stud and outdoorsman adapter, the way I’ve used it on my Sirui va5 head is outdoorsman, locked onto an arca Swiss QR plate, onto the va5. When I take it off, I have to leave the outdoorsman adapter on the tripod sticking off it another 4 ish inches making it extra long…. If I try to take that off and keep it attached to binos I’d have to keep the plate attached also and that won’t fit in bino case…

Is just leaving the outdoorsman sticking off top of the tripod just the best way to go and I need to deal with it, or what do y’all do different?

RRS Cinch. I've been using it 5-6 years. Stays on bino and slips in and out of bino pack without snagging. I put a Suriu TY-70A plate on my VA-5 to make swapping between binos and spotter fast and easy.They make a polymer version for around $45.
There's also a knockoff brand that seems to get good reviews.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326_070345_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_070345_Chrome.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 50
OP
T
RRS Cinch. I've been using it 5-6 years. Stays on bino and slips in and out of bino pack without snagging. I put a Suriu TY-70A plate on my VA-5 to make swapping between binos and spotter fast and easy.They make a polymer version for around $45.
There's also a knockoff brand that seems to get good reviews.
You still have to screw that RRS cinch onto the TY-70A plate? It doesn’t just fit into the arca Swiss va5 top like that?

I run outdoorsmans heads so the adapter fits right in the head. I run marsupials for all my binos, I remove the adapter from the bino and store in the zippered front pocket of the marsupial.

If you are set on using the va-5 head, mount an outdoorsmans Qr adapter to the plate on the va-5.

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
I posted a thread recently on this exact topic. I ended up buying the AZIAK & Love It. Super sleek design. Well made, & fits nice in the Bino Harness…..

OP
T
Anyone know if the swaro 10x42 will fit in the stone glacier harness with the RRS adapter on?

Dpinheiro

FNG
I just pop the bino adapter off and put in the side of my bino harness or a waist pocket on my pack. Keeps it close and handy and doesn't stick out on the tripod that way