outdoors international..

keller

WKR
has anyone booked a hunt with them looking for information good...bad... or other

robie

WKR
I had a buddy book an elk hunt with them last year. What they advertised as 100% success rate hunt the previous year. Where you should go to get your first bull with a bow. Thousands of access to hunt all private.

He shows up and it is 3 guys on 400 acres. Can't sit water or hunt midday. His best opportunity was a bull moving at 70 yards. Outfitter called it a success saying that it was 100% shoot opportunity for everyone in camp. 0 bulls killed, 1 shot fired.

Apparently the first hunt a few bulls were killed but nothing after that.

I'm not saying I wouldn't book anything through them but I would call the outfitter they are pushing and get reference from the previous 3 years of people that killed and people that didn't.

I've talked to Matt several times about hunting Europe. On something like that I would at least check with them and a few other of the big names.

If they are pushing elk in NW Colorado run away fast.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I booked a bear hunt for after a deployment overseas since I was going to miss the entire fall of hunting.

Returned home and I learned the outfitter lost his license due to a poaching incident. I had to get in contact with them to figure out what was going on. They offered a couple of other hunts I couldn’t make happen. I was out their commission which was part of the contract signed. Still left a bad taste in my mouth since I feel I hired them to do the vetting to prevent such an incident.

OP
K

keller

WKR
I talked to mat as well about diy moose hunts and greenland muskox and caribou and he sounded very well equipped and informational especially in international travel.hunting is hunting not shooting I dislike success rates cause camp with guys that shouldn't have been their!!

Doc89

WKR
Was just searching and saw this thread. I've booked several hunts with Outdoors International with great satisfaction. From what I understand there has been several changes to the company since 2019 to include certain staff leaving (getting separated).. maybe there was a bad egg? I started planning hunts with them in 2015 and like all business's, they change over time and usually for the better if they're still around. Food for thought!

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I booked a DIY moose hunt with them and was very pleased. They gave excellent expectations and hooked me up with some guys who had already done the hunt. That was really valuable. I keep in touch with one of their consultants, Kyle, and he knows his stuff.

robie

WKR
I booked a DIY moose hunt with them and was very pleased. They gave excellent expectations and hooked me up with some guys who had already done the hunt. That was really valuable. I keep in touch with one of their consultants, Kyle, and he knows his stuff.
If you did the hunt out of behal, it is a little different. There are two great outfits to go with. Unless outdoor int can get you a spot which is very hard to get then in not sure the benefit they offer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

kroppr77

FNG
For the moose guys, anyone go with renfro for their transporter? My dad and I booked through outdoors international, for them to be our transporter in ‘22.

Clarktar

WKR
I believe there were staff changes just a few years ago. Russ and Kyle are stand up honest folks and I wouldn't hesitate conducting business with them.

Last edited:

PoorUSMC

FNG
has anyone booked a hunt with them looking for information good...bad... or other
I paid for a tag service in 2024, charged 200, but I haven't been able to get Austin or anyone on the phone since. I really don't know what they charged me for as I'm not aware of anything happening. If you're looking for a tag service or outfitter services - WTA has been an absolute five star provider. Whenever I have a question, Quinten answers right away and when needed, explains the nuances between different states and different draw systems. From my experience, I'd stay away of OI in the future.