Outdoor Research Backcountry Organizer

Bcleck90

WKR
Anything out there similar? I have one and really like it, but it looks like they’ve been discontinued. I need something lightweight with organization.

Been using one of these off eBay for the last 5-6 years. I cut the top hanging part off. Cheap and super lightweight (I bet it weighs under an ounce empty).

IMG_9611.jpeg

Subs

FNG
I have one of the back country organizers and also disappointed that it was discontinued. I have a few of the Magpul Daka pouches and was thinking about giving their utility pouch a try. It’s a similar layout but semi rigid.

ni7ne

FNG
I have the mystery ranch version, size large. It's over-built and clunky and I probably wouldn't get it again, but it's not enough of a complaint to replace it.

No issues cutting the top part off and being able to zip it shut? Looks like the top you cut off just folds forward/down

The top folds down inside, but the zipper is behind it. You can see where it used to be between those two zippers.

IMG_9612.jpeg

You could always leave it in there too, I just found it to be too many pockets for what I need, and it was in the way.

22lr

WKR
I've used the Osprey organizer for years, have no intention of replacing it. Its pretty solid, has held up on a dozen+ week long trips with more 1-3 day trips than I can count. My version weighs 4.8oz, but you could get it lighter if you don't want the signal mirror or a few of the internal straps. I'm doubtful there are many that weigh significantly less than this, unless you remove entire compartments/capacity. I use it to carry everything from my tags, to my fire kit, knife, light, pill pack, the small handy first aid stuff like bandaids and tape. Super handy to keep things organized!