Oryx vs Elk meat

I have Elk & Oryx in my freezer. Although Oryx is good, Elk is more like beef, and has more of a beef texture.

Both have excellent reputations for 1st class meat.
What do you gravitate towards ?

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
My oryx was amazing and as I recall even better than elk for me but been a long time since had one in freezer.

Unfortunately I am stuck with a full freezer of Moose and elk at the moment. LOL.

Never had Oryx, but love elk meat. Elk or Pronghorn antelope are my favorites. The bear meat I have eaten to include my Arctic Grizzly bear has been excellent though as well.

Have both in the freezer. Gotta say I like them both about equally. With that said, my taxidermist aged my oryx bull at 9-10 years old. Tastes just fine to my family. I could only imagine how much better he would taste if he was half his age or a younger cow.

wyosteve

WKR
For me oryx trumps elk by a large margin. We grind a lot of it with bacon and makes outstanding burgers.

Seth

WKR
As I haven’t drawn oryx, I’ve had to rely on the generosity of others, but every bit I’ve had was delicious.

waspocrew

WKR
Never had oryx before, would definitely love to some time though! Elk is my personal favorite at the moment.

OP
Short Track
WoW. My family prefers Elk. and yes, Oryx is definitely easier to overcook.
My wife overcooked Elk burgers tonight, and I had to drown it in olive oil to make it edible. The Oryx grind is great too. Cuts of Oryx on the grill is definitely not like Elk.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
When my African buddy sets up a new camp, the first thing he does is shoot an Oryx cow for camp meat. Impala, springbok and warthog are consumed constantly, but Gemsbuck is always preferred. I've had moose while caribou hunting and think that was the best game meat I've ever had.

Oryx over elk. Oryx is nothing like pork and elk isn’t really like beef at all. Big differences. The only similarities oryx and pork might have is the tendency to be over cooked. Elk and beef might have the same texture but the flavor is way different.

CMF

WKR
Both great, I couldn’t tell a difference, maybe some of our elk have seemed a bit tougher, but on average they were about the same to me