Orvis Tech Pant

These are great along with the shorts. They both often qualify for the buy 5 get $20 off deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austink47

WKR
I picked up a pair about a month ago, and have worn them a fair bit. They are hard to beat at that price.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair about a month ago, and have worn them a fair bit. They are hard to beat at that price.
How are these compare to the wrangler flex cargo pants? Are these also more for warmer weather? I have the wrangler flex cargo pants and I find them as comfortable like the Kuiu Tiburon minus the hip vents and at only $26 vs over $100 for the Tiburon. How are you liking them so far? And what temperature are the good for?

My wife picked me up several of these pair a while back. I will say I have worn them for a lot of things from busting brush, outdoor work, even travelling on airlines...always comfortable and have held up really well with just some minor picks from thorns and thick brambles.

I do not use these hunting though, a little loud in the material for bow hunting. For rifle hunting I think you would be fine.

They are my goto pants for ranch work or long days of travel. Be careful though if using for ranch work, throns will poke through and get your legs. I find after some real brush busting I will have scratches on my legs with no obvious damage or anything on the pants.

iowawhitetailnut

Lil-Rokslider
How do these compare the the Gerry Tech pants in the other thread. Both same price similar pants at Costco

Austink47

WKR
How are these compare to the wrangler flex cargo pants? Are these also more for warmer weather? I have the wrangler flex cargo pants and I find them as comfortable like the Kuiu Tiburon minus the hip vents and at only $26 vs over $100 for the Tiburon. How are you liking them so far? And what temperature are the good for?
Sorry, but I have not used the wrangler flex or the tiburon. I would say they are heavier than the OR ferossie. And similar to the prana Zion. They were not a go hike on a super hot day kind of pant. Fit was not quite right for me and I let mine go, so I am not going to be much help.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
How do these compare the the Gerry Tech pants in the other thread. Both same price similar pants at Costco
I prefer the Orvis by a wide margin. I wear the orvis daily and while hunting. They hold up, fit well and look good. Best under $20 out there and worth $50

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
Wrangler is better than orvis. I’ve got 4 pairs of the orvis and wore them daily last winter. The wrangler are Slightly heavier but seem to be stitched better. Got a couple of the Gerry pants on the way to try them.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Wrangler is better than orvis. I’ve got 4 pairs of the orvis and wore them daily last winter. The wrangler are Slightly heavier but seem to be stitched better. Got a couple of the Gerry pants on the way to try them.
I have the Kuiu Tiburon which weight like 12 Oz and are more fragile great for hot weather don’t get me wrong. The wrangler weight about 13 Oz and I find them comparable to the Kuiu when using in hot weather at a fraction of a price for $26. If the Orvis are somewhat comparable that’s to the Orvis that’s a great find ar only $20

how hot a weather are you guys hunting in? in 80plus temps i dont think the wranglers or orvis are anywhere close to the breathability of the tiburons. dont get me wrong, I'll wear them both for traveling and they are great all around pants but for hunting in hot weather the dot fabric and hipzips rly seperate the tiburons

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
how hot a weather are you guys hunting in? in 80plus temps i dont think the wranglers or orvis are anywhere close to the breathability of the tiburons. dont get me wrong, I'll wear them both for traveling and they are great all around pants but for hunting in hot weather the dot fabric and hipzips rly seperate the tiburons
I’ve hunted in upper 90s weather in them and have maybe only notice the hip vents making a slight difference on the tiburóns. Maybe it’s just me though. My tiburons ripped when I slipped down a small hill and the wranglers are still intact both have seen the same abuse. I would definitely not get the tiburón’s again had already had to patch them a couple times. For me wranglers work fine in hot weather.

I’ve hunted in upper 90s weather in them and have maybe only notice the hip vents making a slight difference on the tiburóns. Maybe it’s just me though. My tiburons ripped when I slipped down a small hill and the wranglers are still intact both have seen the same abuse. I would definitely not get the tiburón’s again had already had to patch them a couple times. For me wranglers work fine in hot weather.
hah im using my same pair since 2015 only one patch with tencious tape. sttichings starting to go but still lots of life. vastly differing experiences. we will agree to disagree

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
hah im using my same pair since 2015 only one patch with tencious tape. sttichings starting to go but still lots of life. vastly differing experiences. we will agree to disagree
The one I find very similar to the wrangler flex pants is the sitka ascent pants which are $200 the main difference is you can add the knee protection. They are also 12 Oz in weight