Origin USA Clothing Weight

I asked for some Origin USA gear, when it was 40% off. I got some for Christmas :)

Novaloc Parka size Large = 1 lb 12.4 oz

Nyloc Field Pants 36R = 12.3 oz

VRSA Pant 36R = 1 lb 5 oz

Bodyloc Jacket size Large = 8.2 oz

For comparison my 5 year old Kuiu Superdown with hood (washed a dozen times) in XL weighs 12.4 oz.

Note: I did receive some VRSA pants, but they were the wrong size and my beautiful bride had already packaged those up for return shipping.

I have to give kudos on the parka, it is awesome.

The nyloc pants are great too, I have a 30.5 inseam and they fit well well with boots. My only gripe is the articulated knee is lower than my knee, shin level actually. It’s a waste.

I just received the VRSA, same size and they will need to be hemmed for me.

Last edited:

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
When they come back in stock ima try a pair of there VRSA pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t resist the stealth wool jacket with that sale, not a good backpacking layer, but it’s a badass versatile jacket for the coast

Been wanting a pair of heavier pants for static hunting in the fall/winter, and I think the stealth wool pants are going to be exactly what I’ve been looking for

OP
M
Hows the fit versus other brands you own? Thanks
Kuiu fit sucks for me as I am stocky at 210# and 5’10”. Gulch Gear fit has been better than Kuiu, but not as good as the Origin. The older Wranglers fit well, the new ones suck for me, the cut seems to sag and want to fall off with their pants.

Other than the articulation on the knees of the nyloc pants being too low for me, they fit well. I will definitely buy more of them in straight leg and I’m not sending any of these clothes back.