Oregon/Washington coast fishing late summer/early fall

Lots of opportunities and buoy 10 can be better than Alaska. The fish fight hard especially when you hook em on the flats. The Only problem is the newer regulations. You have to weed thru the wild fish to get a clipped hatchery. A few years ago we could keep the wild up river chinook in which is way better eating then a lower river spawning fish. Lower river spawners (tule) are cat food if that…
I’ll be down in mid August to wrestle with some chinook and maybe some coho.

Derrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little off topic but my wife mentioned she'd be ok with doing some fishing off the coast of Washington or Oregon. Her birthday is in late August and I was thinking about taking her on a trip next year for her 40th. Does anyone know what is good/in season that time of year? I'd also take recommendations on a good charter service.

Figure out what exactly you want to fish for or if you want to go with a guide boat(6 people or less) or just buy a couple seats on a charter boat(up to 15 people). I can definitely recommend you some great guide boats or a charter boat(mine).
Anywhere on the northern Oregon coast is prime salmon time. You always have rockfish/lingcod. Tuna are reliable, but tuna trips are a bit spendy, and cancellations aren't uncommon due to weather.
Some of my good friends with guide boats offer up the full meal deal on trips. Go get your rockfish and lingcod by 0930, then troll salmon. On the way back to port, they'll pull up the crab pots.
Edit: get on it quick. Those good buoy 10 guides fill up fast if not already booked solid.
BTW my recommendations are out of Garabaldi/Tillamook Bay

Last edited:
Back