Oregon Jackson County Cali Bighorn Sheep dead head found.

slick

WKR
“They gave me permission to bring it to them”? Major laziness on their part. I know law says unlawful and not same as sheds. But think of how many cases of mountain lion demise fall under the SSS principle. I bet if you told ODFW you wasn’t picking it up, but here are the coordinates, it would still be there a month later.
God, I can't believe how lazy they are.

OP
O
bummer. but still cool to find out; certainly hard to distinguish in its condition.
who will be the first to post that ODFW are lying and they are trying to hide a super secret population that only the upper echelon of fish & game employees have access to hunt......:LOL:
Yeah know one really suggested it was domestic that i showed but side by side a real big horn sheep head its super obvious. The head and horns were MUCH bigger and didnt curl as much and the teeth on my head were actually bigger. In the process of cleaning it up now.

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
ODFW transplanted some sheep into the Klamath River canyon just north of the OR/CA border. Those sheep pretty quickly dropped down into California and could be fairly easily seen north of Copco Lake and in a few other locations. This was around 2015. I'm not sure what became of the herd since then. I'm sure they are still around - although the minute they get near domestic sheep, they will likely get wiped out...