Oregon FNG

Zach95

FNG
Hey all, FNG from the Oregon Coast here. Stumbled upon Rokslide and it seems to be a valuable resource for advice. I'm 28 and have been rifle hunting Oregon for elk, blacktail & mule deer, and black bear ever since I was a kid. Elk is my passion and I'm looking to expand my horizons by applying in other states, and giving bowhunting a try. My last 2 bulls I took within 40 yards in heavy timber so I'm fairly proficient at getting close and archery elk hunting has always been something that interested me. I picked up a new Matthews Lift from the Bow Rack a few months ago and have been practicing as much as possible. I was planning to get an OTC archery elk tag next year, but didn't draw an elk rifle tag this year so my timeline has moved up! this September I'll be going on my first Archery elk hunt in the Oregon coast range. I really appreciate all the great advice shared here and am excited to be a part of it!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new OR member.

Eddie

Welcome Zach!

Your post got me fired up, I'm in a similar position looking to gain some knowledge and expand my experiences.

Best of luck this season

Barrett