Options for storing meat during a long trip.

Isaac_SBO

FNG
I’m embarking on a 2-3 week trip with three tags in the pocket and I’m wondering how to take care of the meat if I kill early. I’ll be bringing everything with me to fully process/vacuum seal the animal and plenty of coolers. Is there options for just storing meat in processors freezers? Or other options? I’d like to be able to keep the trip going as long as possible.

I’ll be coming from Ohio and hunting Montana and Nebraska. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
You can usually pay to store at a processor...however depending on how busy they are there may or may not be room. If warm out I would at minimum pay to have it flash frozen then stuff cooler with ice or dry ice.

The weather should be cool enough to not really worry about it IMO. Keep coolers out of direct sunlight and even cover with blankets etc. Just get the meat cooled off as best you can before you shut it in the cooler AND KEEP THE COOLERS SHUT. This time of year and later I don't even keep ice in any coolers. Shoot something let it cool throw it in the coolers. If I don't have time to get ice that night I just open the coolers and let nature cool it down or freeze it.

OP
Isaac_SBO

Isaac_SBO

FNG
Little update. I was successful on my first Mule Deer on day one. Was able to mostly process in the field and pack him out. Got him vacuum packed and and dropped off at a processor for cold storage until I come back through. Now it’s time to head west for ELK.
75acc35cf2223d43c9bd3b931d6b39f9.jpg

3041a48004b219dfcb5a773f418c7fb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk