optics upgrade possibly in near future

Hello all!

I am contemplating upgrading my spotting scope or at least adding another option to the one I have. I am currently using an older Vortex Razor 65 mm HD 16-48. I bought this spotter several years ago when I first got into western hunting and archery hunting elk was all that was on my mind. Plus I had a super tight budget. Since that time I have been on a rifle elk hunt, a barren ground caribou hunt, and have a float hunt for moose in Alaska booked this September followed up with another rifle elk hunt during second rifle season. I will also be helping my buddy find a mule deer for his daughter to shoot on this elk hunt and he doesnt have a spotter at all. The rifle hunt is on private land but glassing over a mile is done daily.

I am also running 12x52 razor hd binos and love them!

My plan at the moment is to get something in the 80mm range for a spotter. Currently I'm looking into Kowa or Swaro. I like the modularity of the ATX line in the way that I can swap out objective lenses for different applications. Eventually I could even replace the vortex 65 with a Swaro 65. I am curious though if the ocular piece is universal with each objective in the atx line (65mm - 115m)? That is something I am unclear on. If it is compatible, would I be better suited with a 65/95 pairing vs 65/85. I would only take the bigger objective on hunts where hiking is limited to a few miles a day and known long distance glassing. Otherwise the 65 would get the nod.

My other plan is to start digiscoping through my spotter more. I bought an adapter for my razor and its terrible. I forgot what brand it is but we had hell with it in Alaska on the caribou hunt. Either way, I'm upgrading to an Ollin before the moose hunt. I also have a Sony a7iii that I would like to eventually digiscope with using a spotter.

My main focus right now would be an upgrade for the moose hunt. I'm confident the razor would work fine for the hunt. And honestly, I may not even need a spotter except in a few spots and even then it may only be a mile as far as spotting from what I can tell on google earth. the 48x should cover that.

Thanks for any feedback received!