Optic upgrade options.....

Dcrafton

WKR
I will be upgrading my optics..
I have a pair of 3 year old 10x42 el’s..
I am going to upgrade to the NL pures..

My question is...
What is more beneficial?
Upgrading to the 10x42 NL and gain a little more light transition and a good amount more field of view, or
Upgrade to the 12x42 NL and gain a little more light transition and a little more field of view but more power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q child

WKR
Can you please include more information about your intended uses? That'll help people to intelligibly contribute opinions. For example, do you feel like you need more magnification?
Anyway, I have the 10s. They are very good. Better than the ELs by a slight margin.

OP
Dcrafton

Dcrafton

WKR
I live and hunt Utah, hunt Colorado, Idaho, and Wyoming.
The EL’s were upgraded 3 years ago from my SLC’s that I owned for about 8 years prior.
All my glass has been 10x42’s.
I do own a spotting scope (KOWA 883) with a wide angle Lens. 20-60x80.
Just looking at options for my upgrade.
I probably don’t need the 12 power but that being said my EL’s don’t need to be upgraded either but I’m going to.
Just looking for info from others that may have some knowledge of these glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
I personally would go with the 12s if you can free hand them steady enough for your intended use. Obviously f you are sitting to glass you can get stable enough. I ditched 10x42s a few years ago and now havd a pair of 12x42s and a pair of 12x 50s....zero regrets and can not even stand looking through 10x now.