Optic for Savage 24 222 over 20GA

Huntchic

Lil-Rokslider
Ive got a Savage model 24 over under 222 rifle on top and 20 Gauge on bottom. I have been trying to come up with the best option for sights / optic. It came with a fixed 6X which was ok for rifle but terrible for shotgun use. I tried a 1x6x24 strike eagle LPVO and it was ok but heavy and the rifle sighted in but shotgun shoots about 10" lower than rifle at 25 yards ( common with this gun). I currently have a 2 moa red dot on it and sighted in but it doesn't help with the shotgun shooting low and because the 222 shoots very accurate would be nice to have more power than 1x.
I want to try to come up with something that would work for shooting flying grouse and running rabbits with shotgun but would also work good for game to say 100-150 yards with rifle.
So I'm thinking that if i put see through rings on it with a light Leupold 2x7x32 i could sight the scope in to the rifle and use the see thru and front sight for shotgun. know it would make the cheek weld off but think i can work with that. my other concern is that ive never used see thru rings and not sure how easy it would actually be to use them shooting at a flying or running object. Last thought was to mount the 2x7 scope and put an adapter on the scope to allow mounting a red dot. thus sighting in scope to rifle and using the red dot sighted to the shot gun.
Anyone ever worked with a savage 24 and sighting and have a good option or anyone have input on one of these ideas?