OnX Glitch

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
While switching from 3d back to 2d the map will freeze. Anyone else experiencing this after the latest update?

Mine has been a wreck lately.

Not loading maps whether they are saved or I have service.

Weird artifacts in my maps. Once, it populated a bunch of disc golf symbols. Another, it had some sort of dog shaped "wallpaper." It's been super weird.

NB7

WKR
I noticed last September it was acting all screwy right in the final week before I left for an archery elk hunt. Pretty frustrating.

Now, with a month before a rifle elk hunt it's acting all screwy again.

For example, every waypoint I've added recently on the desktop is not showing up on my phone. I've tried restarting and logging in/out, etc. Weird thing is the points show up listed in the "my content" list and will temporarily appear on the phone when I click on them, but only as a bare white point. When I back out, they are not there like they are on the desk top.
As everyone knows OnX automated troubleshooting window sucks, so hoping I get an email returned soon.
Anyone else seen this problem?

edit to add: OnX did contact me via email a few days later. Turns out the recent points I had added were not showing up because I was using green icons. They said they were currently having a glitch on the green color, and recommended temporarily changing the color. It worked, and they showed pu after that. Apparently a temporary thing.

Last edited:
OP
D

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
Well…. Seems like the update helped. Starting my hunt this weekend so we shall see.

feanor

WKR
I had contours that were about 120 feet instead of 40 feet. Just in the area i was hunting though. Everything else had the right contours. Really was frustrating to have that happen.

cnelk

WKR
My OnX started getting glitchy last week.
I had to remove the app and reinstall to get rid of it.
Not real appealing when you dont have cell service.

[Good thing I had GAIA]

Ive come to expect OnX to do something stupid every September.

Way to go OnX... you're keeping your reputation alive.

ONX - ARE YOU LISTENING???

Reactions: NB7

dtrkyman

WKR
Mine is always fine on my phone, however a few months ago it stopped working on Chrome for some reason, seemed it may have been my old azz laptop.

Worked fine on another browser though, a few months later and it is working on Chrome again!

ONX was really helpfull even though we never figured it out, their service is top notch, they gave me a free year.