OnX chip to computer

CiK01

WKR
If I buy an OnX chip for Wyoming, will OnX recognize that chip when I am using the online/computer interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I buy an OnX chip for Wyoming, will OnX recognize that chip when I am using the online/computer interface?

You log into the website and it ties to your account which yes works with Wyoming

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
You log into the website and it ties to your account which yes works with Wyoming

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I need to figure it out then. The states I have chips for don’t show up as part of my account.

At the top left click my layers and you should be able to check the boxes on the states you want under manage states.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR

The OnX web map will not recognize the OnX sd card used in your GPS. They are completely different. The Garmin Basecamp program is used to read and interface with the Garmin map file that is on that sd chip and your computer.

If you buy the Onx sd chip, I believe you will still receive a year of the "app" free. At that point, you would pick a state when setting up your online account which gives you access to the online web map "premium" features. But again, the sd chip and the online web account are separate and don't integrate.
If you have data on your GPS unit, you can plug it in to your pc and pull that data off the gps and import it into the online account. When the gps is plugged in and goes into usb mode, use the import function from the web map and navigate to the Garmin/GPX folder on the gps and pick those gpx files.

Last edited: