One Set of Glass - No Spotter

manitou1

WKR
I sat on a ridge glassing with a buddy out here in Wyoming this eve. It was 5:00-5:30 p.m. and overcast. We compared optics, switching back and forth. His: Swaro ELs (a few years old). Mine: New Meopta Meostar HD 10 x42. My Meoptas seemed noticebly crisper and more defined. He never commented, which may be indicative that he agreed with my observation... even though I did not comment on the difference. He did say: " Mine must be dirty". 😀
FWIW, I bought 12x50s last year for spotting but found that 12s were a bit much for hand holding, moreso the lack of FOV. I found myself using 10x42s more last year. I am in Wyoming, 8 days into a hunt right now and my 12x binos have not left the cabin. Love those Meostars too.

WRO

WKR
I purchased the Swaro 12x50 EL’s this year and absolutely love them for glassing across drainages. For glassing off a tripod or from a stationary position they are awesome. But, for stalking through timber they are not ideal or necessary. I still think 10x42’s are the best all around. This year archery hunting elk in Idaho I went with my 10X’s.
I miss my 8x32el from time to time for timber work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk