Oliver Anthony

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome song. Just watched Gritty Bowmans latest release and they actually had it piped in at the end of the video. That song is getting around fast!

Don't get me wrong, I like the song and agree with the grievances. The people of this country are finally coming around to the fact that politicians don't care about the people they allegedly serve. The faster people can learn that the better.

I think the reason people are talking about it is because it is the hot "culture war" thing right now. It's just another thing people can take a stance on. If he isn't careful he is going to be pigeon holed into appealing to only one of our two stupid political parties.

Ten Bears

WKR
The never heard of him crowd is funny to me.

That’s part of the story, absolutely NO ONE knew of him a week ago. But a seemingly genuine song from the lens of the working man presented in an unfiltered manner has become the most popular song in the country.

Sure there are better songs and others have said the same stuff before. But for whatever reason this one has resonated with folks.

And that’s a good thing, because arts, music, film, and most creative mainstream outlets ignore or chastise the working man. If this song can wake some people up I’ll take it.

Yoder

WKR
I love that a guy with a guitar can become instantly famous for just being talented. No corporate backing or music contracts. The best thing he can do is make as much money as possible and don't listen to outside influences. They view this song as "right wing". I don't see it. He's got the same view as I do. Almost ALL politicians are out to screw us and profit. They are all on the same side.

Htm84

WKR
My favorite line has to be “I wish they would care about miners and stop worrying about minors and an island somewhere.”

That should kill all the right wing goofballs interest in this guy.