Older Kifaru Duplex Lumbar pad

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone replaced a lumbar pad on an older Kifaru Duplex? The issue really is that the stitching was too close to the edge of the black material, it tore, and has continued to get worse.

Honestly, will be passing this along, don't want to unload it on someone else, have emailed Kifaru with questions, passing it along to see if anyone else has had any helpful experience to share..

Thanks all!
b0e29a7dc77fa87dbc635baa487013ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
rockywoods.com carries a material called slip-not. But you are most likely going to need to deconstruct the lumbar pad, sew on new material, and then re construct the lumbar pad. This is fairly simple for someone that has experience sewing gear but pretty complicated for someone who does not.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
rockywoods.com carries a material called slip-not. But you are most likely going to need to deconstruct the lumbar pad, sew on new material, and then re construct the lumbar pad. This is fairly simple for someone that has experience sewing gear but pretty complicated for someone who does not.
That slip-not is VERY grippy. Much more than what I've seen on Big K, SG, and Exo. I use it on my 22" frames, including my personal pack, and experience zero slippage.

Rob, if you're not in a hurry, I may be able to help you out.

OP
R

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
That slip-not is VERY grippy. Much more than what I've seen on Big K, SG, and Exo. I use it on my 22" frames, including my personal pack, and experience zero slippage.

Rob, if you're not in a hurry, I may be able to help you out.
Justin Spicher has a guy who I'm going to send it to. Thanks for reaching out! If that stalls, I'll definitely reach out, I've got your email!

I never heard anything from Kifaru customer service. I miss Kevin Heraty... It's low priority, I bought this one in a pinch waiting for a friend to send an OD AG1+Frame a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk