Old School Kifaru Bags

mjh

Lil-Rokslider
Have a G2 Zulu with assorted add on pockets all in Foliage. Hasn't seen the woods in a while but I'm keeping it.

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

OP
J

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
That thing is sick!!!!! Keep em coming boys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjh

Lil-Rokslider
That is really cool. What is the pocket on the front of the bag ? Kind of looks like it detaches and can be used on its own?
Thanks. - Rufus
The rectangular pocket on the back is a 1000cu in. Don't recall the name Kifaru had for it.--if anything more than a pocket. Has a single shoulder strap that can be attached and used like a satchel/shoulder bag. Along with the long pockets a lot of versatility with Zulu. Can get a little wide with the long pockets on the side. But the Zulu is heavy duty all around.

Nomad on a bikini and a mountain warrior on duplex.

Love the old bags. Wish I had never sold my Tarryall or my 22 Mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tony

WKR
Had scouts, x rays, tailguners and various pouches over the years and sold them all.
Found a scout and x ray off R.S. and bought them.

I understand times and technology change but, the old kifaru with Mel was a great.
HIs pocket up makes great packs and pouches with that old Kifaru flair.
I still shoot him an email about every 6 months to say hi.

Wrench

WKR
I've stuffed a boned out mule deer in a 22mag. I really like the mountain warrior. Compresses like a day pack and gets plenty big.....and I love the tombstone zipper for loading.

Block

WKR
Gen1 22mag is my all time for day hunts. Don’t think I’ll ever ditch it.

TripleJ

WKR
Doesn't get as much use anymore, but my nomad/bikini frame comb is still going strong.

idig4au

WKR
I use the Late Season with 22” stays as my day pack/carry on pack when i have to fly for hunting. First perfectly in overhead!

Still use the EMR2 with the first generation duplex frame circa 2015 as primary backpack. Still have my bikini frame and high camp bag from back in the day.

smithjd

FNG
2014…”back in the day”…Ha! I guess I’m old.

I bought a bunch of OG Kifaru stuff around 2005ish. My Express has seen the most use. It’s a little dirty but still GTG. I have a pretty unused MMR. It’s a beast and I’ve got it filled with sand and mulch bags for weighted rucks. Both in OG Multicam. And a Paratipi, all now discontinued?

Good stuff. My grandson will be able to use them.

OP
J

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
2014…”back in the day”…Ha! I guess I’m old.

I bought a bunch of OG Kifaru stuff around 2005ish. My Express has seen the most use. It’s a little dirty but still GTG. I have a pretty unused MMR. It’s a beast and I’ve got it filled with sand and mulch bags for weighted rucks. Both in OG Multicam. And a Paratipi, all now discontinued?

Good stuff. My grandson will be able to use them.

Na that’s the type of thing I love to hear!! Glad there’s guys that have packs hunted hard and still going strong!! Hoping I can say the same for my tut and AMR 10 years from now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been contemplating picking up a mountain warrior bag for this reason. They made a new bag (absaroka) that seems like an updated version of the mountain warrior with different fabric. The new fabric is the only reason I haven’t bought a used mountain warrior. I like the idea of that water resistant fabric

Just ordered the last of the food I need for a backpacking trip in two weeks.

Rocking a DT2 on a tactical frame. I own other newer bags. But, I always end up using my DT2 for these kind of trips. In my opinion, the best bag Kifaru ever made was the timberline series. I’ll never sell any of the ones I have.

If I weren’t carrying everyone’s supper and breakfast for two of the three days, the grandkids tent, a 10 liter camp water bag, and carrying extras like batteries and luxuries to make the grandkids and wife’s trip luxurious, I’d be rockin’ the DT3!!!

Just great bags.