old jetboil flash not running very efficient

bard

Lil-Rokslider
Jetboil is over 10 yrs old. It seams I use a lot more fuel compared to my buddies new one and my boil time is a little longer. I can't find much info on cleaning the burner or what could be causing the extra fuel burn. any ideas? just time to get a new one?

I have used penetrating oil to clean out butane torches that get gummy, worth a shot, shouldn't kill any Orings like brake clean or carb cleaner will

andrew123

FNG
Mine was burning very ineffectively too. There is a small felt filter in the stove before the fuel gets burned. Check it out on youtube to disassemble it and clean the filter.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Jetboil is over 10 yrs old. It seams I use a lot more fuel compared to my buddies new one and my boil time is a little longer. I can't find much info on cleaning the burner or what could be causing the extra fuel burn. any ideas? just time to get a new one?
I was curious about what you ended-up doing?

I ditched my Jetboil for an MSR Windburner several years ago, and I've never looked back. I greatly prefer the MSR.

Last edited:
OP
B

bard

Lil-Rokslider
i pulled the filter. It seemed to help a bit. Going to go with it this year but its time for an upgrade

sneaky

"DADDY"
i pulled the filter. It seemed to help a bit. Going to go with it this year but its time for an upgrade
Did you remove the filter completely? Or did you clean it and reinstall it?