NXS 2.5-10 Parallax

ajbailey21

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a new NXS, Parallax are hash marks instead of yardage estimates. It’s new to me. The manual says to turn it and nod your head up and down to test point of aim doesn’t move. Does anyone have solid experience doing this and can offer any tips? Especially in a hunting scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a new NXS, Parallax are hash marks instead of yardage estimates. It’s new to me. The manual says to turn it and nod your head up and down to test point of aim doesn’t move. Does anyone have solid experience doing this and can offer any tips? Especially in a hunting scenario.
I do this when setting any scope. The yardage marks are rarely accurate.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
For a quick adjustment just turn the dial to focus the target image. This will usually get you very close to parallax free.

That. After doing that, then it can be fine tuned with movement of the head...but it's going to be really close after what blkqi mentioned.

I think NF put a lot of "stuff" into a really short/compact scope with NXS 2.5-10x42. The 2.5-10x42's parallax setting will vary across power setting and focus setting. In my experience it has some of the best resolution on target of scopes I use...it's really good. I'm assuming it's because of the way the power, focus, and parallax work together. The downside of that is the depth of focus isn't very large so there's a need to fiddle with the parallax almost any time you change distance and/or power. Pro/con on everything.

Clark33

WKR
Yea, I mean in the field I usually rotate until it focuses, then slightly past focus then back to focus all in the same motion. Just to make sure my eye isn’t straining to bring things into focus that shouldn’t.

That’s wordy but it makes sense in my simple brain.

Because that’s what you’re supposed to do when setting parallax, the yardage marks just get you close. Obviously more critical with longer shots than closer, but even when going for your tightest groups at 100yds correct parallax matters.

For a quick adjustment just turn the dial to focus the target image. This will usually get you very close to parallax free.

This ^^^

Zeiss doesn’t put yardage marks on their parallax adjustment. I simply focus the image and go a little bit beyond and it’s usually on the money.

I usually remove parallax at a 200 yard target and keep in there during hunting season.