NW Arkansas

pharmdeez

FNG
Hello, I am a life long Arkansawyer currently living in the NW portion of the state. I have hunted Whitetails since I was old enough to go using every method of take. I also am an avid small game hunter and waterfowler.
The last couple of years I have been bitten by the western hunting bug and hope to make my first trip out west this year.

Mosby

WKR
Welcome. I live north of Eureka Springs right on the Missouri border. My oldest son went to school in Fayetteville. He got his PharmD from Kentucky last year.

OP
P

pharmdeez

FNG
Welcome. I live north of Eureka Springs right on the Missouri border. My oldest son went to school in Fayetteville. He got his PharmD from Kentucky last year.
Thanks. My wife and I have spent a good amount of time in Eureka.
Does he have plans to come back to this area to work?

Mosby

WKR
Thanks. My wife and I have spent a good amount of time in Eureka.
Does he have plans to come back to this area to work?
He is doing a fellowship at the FDA right now, living with his brother and working remote from Kansas City. I think he would like to move to DC, if he can find a full time position but that depends on something opening up. He is getting married next year and has to get something figured out before then.

My daughter is in the PharmD program at Ole Miss. She did the early entry program and is in her 5th year of their 7 year program. She is planning on applying for residencies in Arkansas and southern Missouri and is much more likely to stay in the area.

OP
P

pharmdeez

FNG
He is doing a fellowship at the FDA right now, living with his brother and working remote from Kansas City. I think he would like to move to DC, if he can find a full time position but that depends on something opening up. He is getting married next year and has to get something figured out before then.

My daughter is in the PharmD program at Ole Miss. She did the early entry program and is in her 5th year of their 7 year program. She is planning on applying for residencies in Arkansas and southern Missouri and is much more likely to stay in the area.
Congrats to both of them. I graduated from UAMS about 5 years ago and the job market seems to have gotten much more competitive in that time.
It seems as though they are on the right path to find the jobs they want.

Mosby

WKR
Congrats to both of them. I graduated from UAMS about 5 years ago and the job market seems to have gotten much more competitive in that time.
It seems as though they are on the right path to find the jobs they want.
Thanks. My son worked at a Rite Aid in school and didn't like retail. He likes doing research but has to go where the jobs are. He will probably move to DC by Sept. My daughter has 2 years of school left and is still trying to figure it out but would like to stay close to home. Seems like pharmacy schools are putting out a lot of graduates right now so a lot of people going after the same opportunities.