NULA scope mount options

M70_MAN

FNG
Just want to see if there are options other than Talley that I’m not aware of. Planning on mounting an LRHS 3-12 on top of a 280AI. Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of . I used talleys they worked fine on mine but I just tossed a 4.5-14 leupy I had on it and called it good its so light I planned on just using it for deer and dark timber 300 and in stuff

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Talley makes a pic rail for NULA's. I use .75" 30mm rings with it and would like them to be a touch lower...but I can live with them.

OP
M

M70_MAN

FNG
Thanks, I did see the rail and might go that way. What brand of rings did you go with to get that low?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
APA 30mm lows. I've had .82" Seekins lows and the APA's were better on the height, though it isn't a massive change. Using the previous version of APA low's on the NULA, the current is a touch wider but the same height....really well designed ring if you're looking for a lower mount on a rail:

OP
M

M70_MAN

FNG
Thanks, they look incredibly well designed, I hadn’t run across them before.

t_carlson

WKR
Its rumored that Weaver makes or has made bases that will fit NULA actions, but I've never found them.

Other than that, its Talley only.

SDHNTR

WKR
Ken Farrell makes the lowest rings I’m aware of. APA next. Both are rock solid.

OP
M

M70_MAN

FNG
Thanks, those weren’t on my radar either. Do you own both? I’m assuming the weight is similar between Ken’s rings and the APA’s?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
As SDHNTR mentioned, the Farrell's are going to be a bit lighter. I posted about some of the differences between the Farrell's and APA's a while back but IMO, the APA's are much better rings. The Farrell's are light and trim but because of the lightening cuts and thin width of the rings, there's a lot less tube to ring contact with them compared to APA's. I prefer the lug and latch system of the APA rings. Easiest way to explain the difference in contact and gripping area between the two:

Attachments

• APAvsKF.jpg
    APAvsKF.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 13