Ntl Park Service Fining AWD Vehicles on 4WD Trails

I saw an idiot on Imogene last week with a 4 cylinder subaru that had just got pulled back up on to the road. I saw where the front tire had gone off the edge and spun and got stuck. Just a few feet from quite the tumble. Luckily the guy behind him followed him the rest of the way down the mountain. The girlfriend was understandably petrified, and the hipster admitted his car didn't have what it takes to be out there.
Lesson learned hopefully!

Subaru have their limits but I find this whole thing funny because my experiences with nps and usfs personnel being in vehicles not prepared for anything. Two springs back after it melted somewhat I was up behind palisades dam ( in an outback ) and the boys in a white truck are sitting there gawking blocking the road because a tree has fallen across it. No chainsaw, no saw, no chains, no farm jack, no clevis, no snatch blocks. I end bucking this thing, putting a tree hugger on it, redirecting it is with another and a snatch block and dragging it off the road. They can get stuck, you just have to have tools and common sense to fix the problem. Issue is most people don't have the tools when not in a truck and eveen then many dont, or the knowledge of the vehicles limitations.