Nrl hunter optic

Mhahn2

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wanting to build a new nrl hunter rifle/ hunting rifle what is everyone go to scope that has shot nrl hunter. I do hunt in wooded areas so with ffp I will need illumination. Caliber I'm thinking is either 6.5 prc or 7 saum maybe 6.5 cm if I cannot find reloading supplies.

Bluegrassvw

Lil-Rokslider
Without a budget I have no idea what to suggest. Whatever you are thinking, save a bit more and get the next best option. I’ve kicked myself a few times for saving now to spend more later. The new ZCO 420 is my next want.

OP
M

Mhahn2

Lil-Rokslider
Without a budget I have no idea what to suggest. Whatever you are thinking, save a bit more and get the next best option. I’ve kicked myself a few times for saving now to spend more later. The new ZCO 420 is my next want.
Good point I didn’t realize I did not put a budget. My budget would be around 2k. I wish I had budget for the TT or ZCO not right now.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The Leupold Mark 5HD is probably the scope used most for NRL Hunter matches from what I've seen. I'm planning to switch to one in the very near future to save weight.

The PR2 reticle is what I'm planning to go with.

Leupold Reticles.jpg

OP
M

Mhahn2

Lil-Rokslider
The Leupold Mark 5HD is probably the scope used most for NRL Hunter matches from what I've seen. I'm planning to switch to one in the very near future to save weight.

The PR2 reticle is what I'm planning to go with.

View attachment 419208
So that’s kind of what I was thinking between the mk5 or nx8 4-32. The trijicon ten mile 3-18 is also under consideration. I have razor gen 2 on everything else so I was really hoping the lht ffp would have better reviews that would have made the decision easier. Anyone have experience between the nx8 4-32 vs mk5 5-25. I would also like to use this rifle to hunt so is having illumination a must. I mostly hunt Missouri and Texas so lightweight scopes are not a must have but would be nice to help make weight in nrl.