Nosler E-Tips

I've been using them since 2009 season. They are my preferred bullet in any rifle that will shoot them. They perform excellent on game and do retain their weight. I use the 150 grain in 30-06 and have taken game from near point blank out to 400 yards. Good entrance and exit holes and little meat damage even when I accidentally get into the shoulder meat on the hit. Usually about a 2" diameter circle cut out around the entrance or exit is all that is necessary to remove any evidence of the shot. I originally switched because I was tired of the waste lead core bullets produce even on an ideal shot behind the shoulder. I have come to rely on the E-tip performance and expect nothing less from any bullet now.

I would say take the weight lead core bullet you like and your gun likes then step down at least one bullet weight maybe even two and they should shoot. I originally tried 180 E-tips because I had always shot 180 nosler partitions or accubonds and I couldn't get them to shoot that well in my rifle. Went to 150 and half inch as long as I do my job. My rifle and my moms both like the 150's and my brothers 30-06 will shoot the 180's but now that we have finally shot them up I will be switching his as well.

I should clarify I'm not one of the belief in a bullet that dissipates all of its energy within the animal. I hunt thick areas and watching an animal after a shot is not always an option so I want/need a blood trail. Knowing that I want an entrance and exit hole. I also believe that a bullet that will hit hard and penetrate through the animal creates a bigger shock wave over a shorter period of time than a bullet that dissipates all of its energy over a longer period of time within an animal. Comes down to a physics equation with time in the denominator and the longer amount of time drops the delivered hit felt by the animal.

ofl0926

WKR
I've been dying to try these bullets out in my 270 wby magnum. I have a hard time finding them locally. Might have to order some and see if my rifle likes them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
I happen to live not far from Bend, OR and stop in at Nosler every chance I have to check on in store deals - Not long after etips were first introduced I was at the SPS during lunch and one of the "inner Nosler guys" was manning the counter during lunch break, realizing this I stood around and B.S.'d with him - I didn't take it as sales "hype" when he said that the entire Nosler development team felt they'd got it right this time saying that "Nosler" feels they've developed the best TERMINAL PERFORMANCE bullet in their history .... there were etips in all 3 bores that I was working with at the time on sale so I grabbed a bunch of them - etips seem to be about the same nominal length to weight as Barnes TSSX's leading me to assume that twist rate is going to be a culprit in many of the "my gun don't like 'em" complaints - I have 4 270 WSM shooters in my family group that I load for, 2 Tikka SS, 1 Tikka CM and an Abolt and all 4 shoot sub MOA out to 300 yards verified and have killed adult cow elk very dead with 1 shot each, a couple out in the 450-500 range - I am just about to work up loads for a new 7mm RM Tikka T3X and I've got 100 140 etips, "if" they'll shoot then that is what I'll be shooting on my Wyoming bull hunt and the rest later on - My '06 likes 180 Accubonds but I tried some 150 etips paired with some of the new IMR powder (4451 mainly) and low and behold, 1/2" groups out to 200 so far (nothing chrono'd so far) so .... I think I may be an "etip disciple" in the making - Just because I am set in my ways I'm gonna try molycoating the 140's for my new 7mm and I'm really hoping for 3200+ velocities but we'll have to see about that ....

ofl0926

WKR
I happen to live not far from Bend, OR and stop in at Nosler every chance I have to check on in store deals - Not long after etips were first introduced I was at the SPS during lunch and one of the "inner Nosler guys" was manning the counter during lunch break, realizing this I stood around and B.S.'d with him - I didn't take it as sales "hype" when he said that the entire Nosler development team felt they'd got it right this time saying that "Nosler" feels they've developed the best TERMINAL PERFORMANCE bullet in their history .... there were etips in all 3 bores that I was working with at the time on sale so I grabbed a bunch of them - etips seem to be about the same nominal length to weight as Barnes TSSX's leading me to assume that twist rate is going to be a culprit in many of the "my gun don't like 'em" complaints - I have 4 270 WSM shooters in my family group that I load for, 2 Tikka SS, 1 Tikka CM and an Abolt and all 4 shoot sub MOA out to 300 yards verified and have killed adult cow elk very dead with 1 shot each, a couple out in the 450-500 range - I am just about to work up loads for a new 7mm RM Tikka T3X and I've got 100 140 etips, "if" they'll shoot then that is what I'll be shooting on my Wyoming bull hunt and the rest later on - My '06 likes 180 Accubonds but I tried some 150 etips paired with some of the new IMR powder (4451 mainly) and low and behold, 1/2" groups out to 200 so far (nothing chrono'd so far) so .... I think I may be an "etip disciple" in the making - Just because I am set in my ways I'm gonna try molycoating the 140's for my new 7mm and I'm really hoping for 3200+ velocities but we'll have to see about that ....

Must be nice to live that close to the nosler facility lol

ofl0926

WKR
I've been trying to find them local cause shipping is the painful part. Some of the places charge outrageous prices for shipping

ethan4895

FNG
I tried some e tips in my 06 for moose and grizzly and well the bullet dropped them dead in their tracks and they were only 400 yards away

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

efnm

WKR
Does anyone have any comparisons on how they work compared to TTSX's? I like all-copper and the Barnes bullets shoot fine for me but I'd be curious if these perform better at 2000-1800 fps. I limit my range accordingly, keeping the TTSXs traveling preferably at 2100 fps or better.

ofl0926

WKR
Well I ordered a few boxes to try them in my 270 weatherby magnum