Norther Idaho Gun Ranges

Hello! I am from the Hayden, ID area and i am looking for a range to dial in my rifle. I have heard that the Pinehurst range is an excellent spot to go as they have targets out to 500 yards. If this is so, do they also have shooting rests to dial in with that you can rent or utilize at no cost? Or do any of you recommend any other local ranges that have shooting rests that you can utilize. I am new to the forum and welcome any suggestions.

shoshone county range in smelterville is pretty good.
decent benches, goes out to 200 yards and gongs at 500.
nice range, i believe it is in government gulch.
they do have a facebook page.

PNWGATOR

WKR

Both are closer to you than the Shoshone County range.

If you want to shoot long, this is the best ‘local’ option:

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
Pinehurst takes the 500 yard targets down on the 10th if this month for hunting season. So you have paper to 200. Lots of boards to stack for rests but no actual lead sleds or sandbags. I bring my own big bag. Better than the boards. Fernan is expensive but probably the best. Been trying to find a good spot to set some steel up in the forest but people keep those pretty secret. Most of the clearings are paper land so technically shouldn’t target shoot.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider

Both are closer to you than the Shoshone County range.

If you want to shoot long, this is the best ‘local’ option:

Recently moved to Spokane area and have been looking for ranges to practice at as well. Shot Farragut earlier today and was very impressed. It was busy and only goes to 200 yards, but the range was very well maintained and the RO’s were great. They have reasonable hours (Friday - Monday from 9-4) and it’s only $5 to shoot for the day.

Another range you could look at (though further away) is the Spokane Valley Rifle and Pistol Range. It’s a small range but allows paper to 200 yards and has steel gongs out to 1000 yards. Open every day from 2-6 and non-members can shoot for $10.