North Georgia Mountain Bear

My hearty congrats to you sir. Way to stick with it

I'm still paying my dues for my first bear. This is year 2. Hunted Slickrock Wilderness on the TN side last weekend and it kicked my butt

Hunting the same way you are just with a bolt gun with open sights

Again, well done and thank you for encouraging the rest of us to keep paying our dues!

OP
gentleman4561
Ha, Scouting with a bow, couldnt be more accurate in my experience! Congrats on pushing through, it's hard to stay motivated when it feels like such an impossible task from the ground.

Was this the first one you drew back on? How many close calls?
For sure! I told my wife the week before “I am sick of bear hunting, I am going to back to deer hunting”.

I live in the Northern suburbs of Atlanta on 5 acres, so a deer hunt is a 60 yard walk into the woods, climb up a tree and in all the years I have lived here not once have I not seen at least one deer.

This was the first one I drew one, I had three prior bear encounters. Two were moms with cubs and one was a very small bear that had to be on the edge of legality.

OP
gentleman4561
My hearty congrats to you sir. Way to stick with it

I'm still paying my dues for my first bear. This is year 2. Hunted Slickrock Wilderness on the TN side last weekend and it kicked my butt

Hunting the same way you are just with a bolt gun with open sights

Again, well done and thank you for encouraging the rest of us to keep paying our dues!
Awesome! Paying dues is right, but my mentality was that every miserable second walking through joro spider webs, crawling through mountain laurel and 4 point crawling up a steep slope only made success that much sweeter!