North Georgia Mountain Bear

Four years, 50+ miles of hiking, and I finally connected with a public land black bear deep in the Chattahoochee National Forest.

I stalked her for about 20 minutes through some thick brush before getting the opportunity to thread an arrow between a few trees at 32 yards.

The arrow hit just behind her shoulder as she was quartering toward me. She took off down the mountain and crashed less than 70 yards away.

I’m blessed to have had the opportunity to harvest such a magnificent creature. Mountain hunting is no joke, but I’m thankful for every bit of boot leather I burned hiking through our beautiful North Georgia mountains.

Looking forward to cooking up a black bear roast for Thanksgiving!

Shooting a 125 grain tooth of an arrow fixed 4 blade.

Attachments

• IMG_4339.jpeg
    IMG_4339.jpeg
    651.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    751.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4301.jpeg
    IMG_4301.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 26

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
I stomp those same mountains (Cohutta and Nantahala’s) and they are no joke. You’re not likely to get altitude sickness, but it’s rough as a Cobb up there. Good on you!
Dr. Don from Gwinnett

Great Bear, had one last year in the CNF at like 2 yards and never could get a shot on him. It’s definitely not easy.

JDT1982

FNG
Congratulations on the hunt and way to persevere

Although N GA doesn't have the elevation gains of the Rockies you can't really understand how difficult the terrain is in N GA until you have went through a mountain laurel thicket with a ruck on

OP
gentleman4561
Congratulations on the hunt and way to persevere

Although N GA doesn't have the elevation gains of the Rockies you can't really understand how difficult the terrain is in N GA until you have went through a mountain laurel thicket with a ruck on
Ha! Tell me about it

OP
gentleman4561
I stomp those same mountains (Cohutta and Nantahala’s) and they are no joke. You’re not likely to get altitude sickness, but it’s rough as a Cobb up there. Good on you!
Dr. Don from Gwinnett
That is for sure, I grew up in Peachtree Corners. In Cumming now.