Normal Velocity Deviation?

What is a normal velocity deviation in factory ammo? Out of 8 shots with Hornady ELD-X there was a deviation of 31fps out of the same box and averaging 2978fps measure with a garmin.

In a different box (same lot #) it was was averaging in the 2950’s which is about 25fps difference.

JF_Idaho

WKR
I think in same lots 40-50fps ES seems pretty normal.

I posted recently about 2 different lots of 6.5cm Precision Hunter having a 140fps spread between them. 2560/2700

The ELDx bullets are claimed to be for long range precision hunting but every independent test I’ve read on them shows SD numbers in the teens. Which would be okay out to maybe 400-500 yds but there’s a lot of good factory loads that have those same specs, Barnes Vortex Ammo is one I know of with SD’s in that range as well. The only “factory” ammo I’ve ever seems get better then that is actually Sako’s new line of ammo. I got a chance to shoot some at an event sponsored by Sako just before they released the ammo to the public and if memory serves they were getting SD figures of 8-10. If you want ammo to consistently get 10sd or lower you’re gonna have to look into reloading

OP
R
The ELDx bullets are claimed to be for long range precision hunting but every independent test I’ve read on them shows SD numbers in the teens. Which would be okay out to maybe 400-500 yds but there’s a lot of good factory loads that have those same specs, Barnes Vortex Ammo is one I know of with SD’s in that range as well. The only “factory” ammo I’ve ever seems get better then that is actually Sako’s new line of ammo. I got a chance to shoot some at an event sponsored by Sako just before they released the ammo to the public and if memory serves they were getting SD figures of 8-10. If you want ammo to consistently get 10sd or lower you’re gonna have to look into reloading
I would be happy with the ELD-X SD in the teens. I’m getting much greater than that though. 31 SD seems excessive. That’s just out of one box. Throw the other box in there and it’s up to 50+.