Non hunting honey holes needed in/around Nampa, ID

Scottyboy

WKR
My job is going to take me to the Nampa area, well the work location is Nampa but really I can stay anywhere and wondering what are the “must do” and “must not do” for the area surrounding Nampa? (Let’s call it 4hr drive 1 way for an area) Breweries, eateries, attractions, ranges etc really anything a bum like myself should do. Free time is Monday-Thursday PM and completely free Friday - Sunday. I should be getting there around june 7 and staying for 12(ish) weeks. This is my first time to ID and want to make the most of it.

And yes, hopefully I like it enough to be another scum bag NR transplant! 😃

7mm-08

WKR
The drive to Stanley (where you should stay a few days to hike in the Sawtooths) and then back to Boise through Ketchum is pretty alright.

Edit: Sorry, but I won't provide you additional information, which may make you want to stay. Hey, have you heard about that beautiful place named Bozeman?

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
City of Rocks is pretty cool.
Shoshone Falls is cool.
McCall area for a weekend.
Stanley area for a weekend.

If you like military history the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa is worth the visit. Really impressive collection of aircraft and military displays (mostly WW2 thru Vietnam).

ODB

WKR
If you like military history the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa is worth the visit. Really impressive collection of aircraft and military displays (mostly WW2 thru Vietnam).

Yeah that’s a great museum. And breakfast at the Tower grill is also good.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I went to Nampa/Boise/Caldwell multiple times for work.

I always made an effort to get to Brick 29 in Nampa and also to Fork in Boise (I could eat that buttercake until I die).

Otherwise outside of Nampa there is a decent trail on Lake Lowell.

Like others say McCall and Stanley are worth the drive. With 12 weeks I'd maybe look at fishing or Rafting in Oregon on a weekend? You can get to Hell's canyon under 4 hours and that would be worth the visit I think.

7mm-08

WKR
Seriously, you'd be remiss if you didn't do the "Canyon - South Fork of the Payette" full day trip with Bear Valley Raft Company. It's a blast!