Nomad Hydration Alternatives

6x6

FNG
My apologies in advance if this is repetitive, but I could not find anything on this question. My Nomad is on order with a delivery at the beginning of April (pure torture)! In going over the pictures again, and again, I'm kind of stumped on where to thread a hydration hose from the bladder. The pack appears so versatile, that I'm sure I'll figure it out, but there is no dedicated "port" or anything.. right? If it matters, I'm running the pack without a lid. Sorry if this a stupid question. Thanks.

wapitibob

WKR
Hang the bladder in the center between the wings or in one of the sleeves on the side of the wing.
I've also used a large belt pouch to hold 93oz rectangle badlands bladder and hung it from the pouches 3 bars at the btm of the bikini frame.

MattB

WKR
Since the bladder will not be inside a bag, there isn't a need for a port.

mt100gr.

WKR
I have a nomad on order too...waiting...I am envisioning hanging a bladder pouch against the back panel, behind the wing pockets for daypack carry. This will keep the water weight centered. When I gotta haul meat and need to cinch down tight, I will improvise. Looks like there will be plenty of options.

I was thinking of taking a piece of fabric, cut the width and length of the stays and using 1 inch webbing attaching it to the frame underneath the nomad, basically creating a pocket between the nomad and frame for the water bladder to go. That way i'm not wasting one of the pockets for a water bladder.

MattB

WKR
Why not just hang it from the tab loop at the center top of the Nomad (same place as where you are thinking, just on not between the frame and pack)? To each their own, but that sounds like a lot of work to go through to end up with a solution that may or may not work better than the stock configuration would allow. I am going to buy a $3 mini-biner and be done with it.