Noisy Cable Guard

My bow has a noisy cable guard. I tried veg oil, string wax etc. with temporary results. Looks like best answer is to replace it. I don’t need a bow press right; just pop it off, put the new one on?

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Correct, no press needed to change a slide type cable guard. Just pop the cables out of it and slide it off the rod. Make sure to pay attention to which cable goes in which groove.
I had a bow with a noisy slide too, tried everything to quiet it down. A new guide finally took care of it.
When I was looking for a replacement, I read reviews on several offerings. The PSE one had the best reviews, I bought that one and it has been working great. Zero noise.

OP
C
Correct, no press needed to change a slide type cable guard. Just pop the cables out of it and slide it off the rod. Make sure to pay attention to which cable goes in which groove.
I had a bow with a noisy slide too, tried everything to quiet it down. A new guide finally took care of it.
When I was looking for a replacement, I read reviews on several offerings. The PSE one had the best reviews, I bought that one and it has been working great. Zero noise.
Awesome thanks

MattB

WKR
Before you change it out, clean the heck out of it and the slide with a solvent that will remove all the gunk you put on it to quiet it. They shouldn’t need anything to quiet them and the gunk you added may be more of a cause than a solution.

I switched to a Limbsaver and it really made a difference.
I only used it for a short time before switching bows.
Let me know if you want to try it out.

OP
C
Before you change it out, clean the heck out of it and the slide with a solvent that will remove all the gunk you put on it to quiet it. They shouldn’t need anything to quiet them and the gunk you added may be more of a cause than a solution.
Like goo gone?

My bow has a noisy cable guard. I tried veg oil, string wax etc. with temporary results. Looks like best answer is to replace it. I don’t need a bow press right; just pop it off, put the new one on?
A good Teflon spray like you would use for locks works best. Also correct you should not need a press just make sure you don't get the cables crossed.