Nissan Titan XD

golfbum

WKR
Anyone have any opinions good or bad about a newer (2020+) gas Nissan Titan xd.

Currently have a 2016 ram diesel and thinking about trading it in on a newer lower mileage gas truck.

I do tow a travel trailer (8k loaded) a few times a year.

tdhanses

WKR
I had a 2017 Titan XD and it was a great pickup, if you like the interior you’ll like it.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
My dad has a 21 XD, its not a bad truck. Interior is decent at best, stiff big truck ride, and tows alright. In my opinion it does nothing better than my 21 F150, my 3.5 will tow as much as the XD and I don't even have the max tow package, plus its much more comfortable with the sport seats.

I have a regular titan and objectively it's been a great truck. The downside is they're just not popular and they don't hold their value. I didn't expect this to really be an issue, but it turns out even little things like finding a bed rack are more of a hassle. Certainly not impossible, but it's a pain that it requires more work and usually more cost for simple things. We're considering a switch to a different rig for more interior space and the haircut you take on resale is unpleasant.

N.ID7803

WKR
Don’t have an XD but have owned an 18’ and currently a 21’ Titan. I love the truck, it’s been more reliable than my friends Tundra’s/Tacomas. And it’s not a pavement princess, spends 2/3 of its life on logging roads. I would argue that the resell is right up there with a Tundra. Best warranty out there on a truck at 100k factory. When I’m done with my 21’ I’ll buy another.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I bought a first gen Titan back in 05 and put 280k miles on it. I traded it in on an Xterra as the crew cab full size was a pain getting back into some of my favorite spots in the mountains. I put 160k miles on the Xterra and planned on driving it at least another 100k, but a little forky mule deer had other plans….
I put almost half a million miles on 2 Nissans and the only things that I ever had to do was routine maintenance. The downside to Nissans, and the Titan particularly, was it’s resale value. I’m not sure where they sit in todays weird used car market, as I’m not currently shopping, but 2 or 3 years ago, buying a lightly used Titan that someone else has already taken the resale hit on, was a smart move. Good chance you could put a couple hundred thousand miles on them with nothing more than oil changes and new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Pretty cool that the Titan still offers the 'king cab' configuration--the extended cab without the four full doors.
There are still a few of us out there that like the look of that style truck. And the Nissan is a rare bird in that they offer a rear seat delete for that extended cab. Reads like a hunters dream with the extra space and potential custom storage.
If it weren't for resale, I'd have one over the Tundra. Looked really closely at them before grabbing a newer Toyota.

1671852199515.png

11boo

WKR
I went from a 3/4 T ‘06 duramax to a 21 tundra. Only regret is towing, but I don’t do much. A couple thousand lb. Trailer and SxS. 9 MPG and I can feel it back there. The diesel did much better, even with 250k miles.
With the price of diesel I would want out too.

I will say, this little truck does well for me.

3C5AC5F0-2DF5-4397-A19E-7E5369AAF3F1.jpeg

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
So I had found a 21 Titan xd that was a decent deal and they where going to give me top dollar for my Cummins, made the 5.5 hr drive and just didn’t love it so turned around and came home in the Cummins. I don’t daily drive my diesel so fuel prices aren’t such a deciding factor, but the hunt continues. Will probably end up keeping the Cummins for a couple more years (still have warranty for 2.5 yrs) then move into a 3/4 gas truck from one of the big three.

Couldn’t put my finger on what I didn’t love with the Titan xd, just wasn’t for me.

Thanks

Tradchef

WKR
I have a 2011 Titan. Zero issues except routine stuff. I don’t tow much except a trailer from time to time but I haul a lot in the bed from farm stuff to firewood and dead elk and deer. 214k currently and I’m hoping to get 350k on her before she goes to a straight farm rig