Nimrod packs

OP
outdoor hunter

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I forgot to mention that a hunt I was on a few years ago our guide ad a nimrod pack and he intentionally left his nimrod pack out every night for 7 nights. It rained snowed and hailed. All the contents were perfect after every night

7mag.

WKR
I have a variety of Nimrod stuff, and I love it. The pack frame is by far the most comfortable I have ever worn. I think they make quality stuff. With that said, they don't make a pack for backcountry hunting. The bags are too small. I've asked the owner several times to make a big expandable bag to go on the frame or the base belt harness, but he doesn't seem interested. As far as day packs go, I think they are the best and most comfortable I've seen. I've also heard good and bad about their fire line gear too.

huntndad

FNG
All my Nimrod equipment has been bomb proof. I've put the pinnacle pack through a lot of abuse and it has held up beyond expectations. I'll continue to use it as a day pack for many more years. However, I've never been able to get the pack frame to work for me. No matter how I adjust it, all the weight ends up on my shoulders. I've tried to adjust it everyway possible, but nothing works. I'm not saying it's terrible, just not any more comfortable than any other cheap pack frame laying around my garage.

7mag.

WKR
All my Nimrod equipment has been bomb proof. I've put the pinnacle pack through a lot of abuse and it has held up beyond expectations. I'll continue to use it as a day pack for many more years. However, I've never been able to get the pack frame to work for me. No matter how I adjust it, all the weight ends up on my shoulders. I've tried to adjust it everyway possible, but nothing works. I'm not saying it's terrible, just not any more comfortable than any other cheap pack frame laying around my garage.

That's a good point. Now that I think of it, it does ride a little heavy on the shoulders. I've never had more than 60 pounds on it, the way the harness is designed, there isn't much weight transfer to the hips. Doesn't matter much for a day pack, but I wonder how it would feel with 100 lbs. or so.

I'd agree with the above comments; fantastic day pack or 2-3 day/overniter. I have used the Collapsable Gear Bag, but with too much weight you get a lot of shoulder strain.
I know one of my partners took half an elk out on his Nimrod pack a few years back and has never repeated the feat...went with the Longhunter for long trips and potentially heavy haul-outs.
The gear is bomb-proof, comfortable and I've only had good service from the folks at Nimrod.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have used the pinnacle day packs for years and will continue to do so. There packboard is my go 2 piece for packing elk quarters and as noted the gear is bombproof. Good stuff it is!