Nikon -1 AW1 Thoughts

Ringo

FNG
Hello. I'm looking to get a good rugged camera. I plan on using it for hunting and outdoor picture and video. Me and my brothers are planning a archery elk hunt and I want a good camera that takes good lowlight shots. I was wondering if anyone uses this Nikon. I see a lot of people use Olympus or Sony. I've been looking at the Sony RX100. I thought about getting a Sony REX6 but its not weather proof which freaks me out. Last thing I want to do is use this camera in cold, wet, damp place an ruin an expensive camera. Any thoughts or recomendations is very much appreciated. One side note. I don't anticipate using it for digiscoping. Thank you.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have the V1 and a good compliment of lenses. I really like the 1 system for backcountry use. The AW-1 all the better. It accepts not only the AW lenses, but also the standard CX lenses (Even FX and DX lenses with the FT-1 adapter!)

Nikon 1 has outstanding autofocus performance and camcorder-like video autofocus with excellent video quality.

This should be a great rugged camera.

OP
R

Ringo

FNG
Thank you Bitterroot. The feedback is awesome. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it soon and will update you.