Nightforce TS-82 Spotting Scope Review

Shrek

WKR
I left it to Broz to write up his opinion but the conditions were less than ideal when we tried to compare them. They were very close in performance. For my money I'd go with the Meopta as I didn't care for the nobby focus wheel on the nightforce. Optically I didn't find a real difference. I really like the 30-60 wide eyepiece. I have a Swarovski ATS I just bought to cut a little weight but it might not be as good optically. I like the finish on the Meopta better than the Swarovski.

I left it to Broz to write up his opinion but the conditions were less than ideal when we tried to compare them. They were very close in performance. For my money I'd go with the Meopta as I didn't care for the nobby focus wheel on the nightforce. Optically I didn't find a real difference. I really like the 30-60 wide eyepiece. I have a Swarovski ATS I just bought to cut a little weight but it might not be as good optically. I like the finish on the Meopta better than the Swarovski.

Shrek, are you saying you like the Meopta better than the Swaro optically? Both 80s?

Shrek

WKR
The swarovski 80mm and the Meopta 82mm are very close optically. I had a 30w-60w eyepiece on my Meopta and the field of view was easier to use than the swarovski 20-60 eyepiece. When I can replace the 20-60 with a 25w-50w eyepiece I expect I'll be happier with the swarovski but I won't have 60x available. I struggled with the power vs weight decision but not the optical performance of the glass or the quality of the instrument. Both are very nice.

OP
Broz

Broz

WKR
It was so windy we had trouble holding them on the same target. Also one was straight and one angled and that does make it hard to quickly get on each to compare. In the end when we zeroed in on some aspen leaves a long ways off I thought we decided the NF was a bit more crisp and color was more vivid. But yes the differences were small, could be related to what your eyes like, and conditions were not good enough to make a call. Thus the reason I didn't add a follow up. All I took from it for sure was I will never own a straight spotter again. LOL

Jeff

Last edited: