Nightforce NX8 4-32x50mm F1 Field Eval Q&A

EcoastDG

FNG
I just ordered one of these scopes pretty much based on your testing. Thank you for taking the time to test all these scopes.

Form, can you elaborate more on the eye box differences between 2.5-20 and 4-32?

I don’t need 32x magnification which is why I went with the 2.5-20x (I don’t need 20x for that matter). I haven’t looked through the 4-32 to compare.
4-32 is more forgiving, I have both, really only comes into play for me at higher magnification.

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased an nx8 2.5-20x50 moar f1 last week to replace a vortex strike eagle 4-24x50.

This is possibly anecdotal but, 5 shot group size shrunk considerably. Last time I was out with the strike eagle the rifle shot 2.5-3inch groups at 100. With the nx8, 5 shots hovered around an inch or less.

Only gripes are price tag lol and the reticle, if only NF would add a hunting friendly reticle for the lower magnification. Still was able to print a 1 inch group at 100 on 2.5mag.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Form, do you think the 3-10 shv will hold zero similar to an nx8? I'm trying to decide between an shv and a trijicon accupoint for a rough use close range deer rifle.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, do you think the 3-10 shv will hold zero similar to an nx8? I'm trying to decide between an shv and a trijicon accupoint for a rough use close range deer rifle.

Yes they do. They are good scopes. I saw your thread, for that use I would personally choose the SHV.

I only have NX8’s no shv’s but I do have a accupoint tr-26 2.5-12.5 and absolutely love it. Glass quality is great, illumination is awesome, very durable and light imo.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Yes they do. They are good scopes. I saw your thread, for that use I would personally choose the SHV.
I only have NX8’s no shv’s but I do have a accupoint tr-26 2.5-12.5 and absolutely love it. Glass quality is great, illumination is awesome, very durable and light imo.
Thank you both for your help. This forum has been such a great resource.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I would second that praise for the accupoint, not saying the nightforce options are bested by them, but my 2.5-12.5 and 1-6 accupoint have been exceptionally good to me for hunting in thick/brushy terrain in rainy crap weather on hard kicking guns.
If you don't mind SFP reticle for your application (I generally prefer FFP) they are my go to, especially on rifles intended for bear hunting in the brushy stuff.
Also I try to minimize the need for batteries in my kit as much as possible so that be subconsciously swaying me towards them.
Time and future drop testing will tell if they hold zero like a nightforce,swfa,tenmile, though... but so far so good